Nebraska #15 in Coaches Poll

The only rankings that matter are 1-4 now.I say that with full anticipation of us dropping at some point to soften the blow.

Actually, none of these rankings matter because none of these polls makes an difference other than as a talking point.
1-4 matter greatly after championship weekend.
Only the ranking in the CFP Committee poll, which hasn't voted yet for this season. And even then, only the last poll matters.
The Coaches Poll and AP poll impact the opinions of the CFP committee, so they aren't meaningless. #allpollsmatter
I doubt it. Look who's on the CFP committee and tell me if you think those people care about other polls.
The CFP committee are human beings that make opinions based on their perception of the college football teams. Do you honestly think that the AP and coaches polls have no bearing on their perception and opinions of the college football teams?

Allow me to elaborate my original post:

The only rankings that matter are 1-4 decided by the playoff comittee.

Hope that clears things up.

The only rankings that matter are 1-4 now.I say that with full anticipation of us dropping at some point to soften the blow.

Actually, none of these rankings matter because none of these polls makes an difference other than as a talking point.
1-4 matter greatly after championship weekend.
Only the ranking in the CFP Committee poll, which hasn't voted yet for this season. And even then, only the last poll matters.
The Coaches Poll and AP poll impact the opinions of the CFP committee, so they aren't meaningless. #allpollsmatter
I doubt it. Look who's on the CFP committee and tell me if you think those people care about other polls.
The CFP committee are human beings that make opinions based on their perception of the college football teams. Do you honestly think that the AP and coaches polls have no bearing on their perception and opinions of the college football teams?

Allow me to elaborate my original post:

The only rankings that matter are 1-4 decided by the playoff comittee.

Hope that clears things up.

I understand what you are saying, but the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll impact the thoughts and opinions of the playoff committee. So, when you say "the only rankings that matter are the CFP committee", that is a flawed statement.

• Fire 1

I don't see any reason we shouldn't beat Wiscy or tOSU when we get there unless we have a significant injury. The talent is definitely there, the coaching staff just needs to execute it correctly.

Wisconsin will be interesting because they will have just gone through a month of brutal games. They will either be winnable or riding so much momentum they could be looking at playoffs.

Ohio State? Luke Fickell isn't the head coach anymore.

I don't see any reason we shouldn't beat Wiscy or tOSU when we get there unless we have a significant injury. The talent is definitely there, the coaching staff just needs to execute it correctly.

Wisconsin will be interesting because they will have just gone through a month of brutal games. They will either be winnable or riding so much momentum they could be looking at playoffs.

Ohio State certainly is not overrated by any means, they are very national championship worthy. However, they have one game a year where they just fall apart. Maybe that will be our game.

Ohio State certainly is not overrated by any means, they are very national championship worthy. However, they have one game a year where they just fall apart. Maybe that will be our game.

Heck yeah! :D

And then we'll play them again in the Big Ten Championship...

I understand what you are saying, but the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll impact the thoughts and opinions of the playoff committee. So, when you say "the only rankings that matter are the CFP committee", that is a flawed statement.

I think that the committee has proven many times that they are independent thinkers compared to the AP/Coaches Polls.

Last year Week 10 Rankings (1st week of CFP Poll)

CFP / AP / Coaches

1 - Clemson / Ohio St / Ohio St

2 - LSU / Baylor / Baylor

3 - Ohio St / Clemson / TCU

4 - Alabama / LSU / LSU

5 - Notre Dame / TCU / Clemson

6 - Baylor / Mich St / Mich St

7 - Mich St / Alabama / Alabama

8 - TCU / Notre Dame / Stanford

9 - Iowa / Stanford / Notre Dame

10 -Florida / Iowa / Okalhoma St

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2015/week/10

• Fire 1

Ive said it before time and time again. The top 25 rankings do matter no matter how you look at it. If you stay in the top 25 you get recognized by better athletes who want to go to a school that plays at the superior level. They dont want to go to the Iowa States or the Purdues because they want that spotlight. As far as who plays for a championship that doesnt matter but for alot of other things it does.

• Fire 1

If Nebraska wins every game through Wisconsin we'll get our first committee rankings top 10. Then we'll play Ohio State...

I am not one for moral victories, BUT if we can go into Ohio State week 8-0, and keep it close vs the buckeyes I will be very happy. 8-1 with a close battle in Columbus would IMO keep momentum there to be hungry for a rematch in the B1G championship game where IMO, if we go into 11-1 could be in a win and you're in the playoff sort of deal.

But of course lots of football left to be played. Also at the beginning of the season I would have never thought even talking about playoffs would be a plausible scenario.