HuskermanMike

CB Quran Hafiz [Florida Atlantic - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Quran Hafiz
Hometown: Jacksonville, Florida
School: Sandalwood
Position: Cornerback
Height: 6'0
Weight: 170
40 time:
Offers: Boston College, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Duke, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Fresno State, Georgia Southern, Indiana, Iowa State, Marshall, Memphis, Minnesota, Nebraska North Carolina State, Oregon State, Purdue, South Alabama, Southern Miss, South Florida, Syracuse, Temple, UTSA, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Virginia Tech.
Visits: 11/12/16 vs. Minnesota

Twitter

247 Composite: #838 overall; #85 CB; .8481; :star :star :star

Rivals: :star :star :star
247: #80 CB; :star :star :star
Scout: #63 CB; :star :star :star
ESPN: #93 CB; :star :star :star

Hudl

• Upvote 1

Set to announce December 19 and enroll early.

I guess I get the feeling he doesn't have a committable offer here at this point.

Agree completely, seems like he has made a couple comments that he would accept instantly - however must not be an offer. If he is a C plan it shows good signs of who we feel we have a shot with.

Agree completely, seems like he has made a couple comments that he would accept instantly - however must not be an offer. If he is a C plan it shows good signs of who we feel we have a shot with.

So kids can have an offer, but be told that it's not committable currently?

Yes, they're told up front.
  • Upvote 1

Schools make 100's of offers - can't all be acceptable from day one. I'm sure the school is up front of what their intentions are.

Yeah. It doesn't make any sense. It's really not an offer.

think this kid would commit on the spot if we let him but obviously appears to be a secondary or tertiary option for us

I doubt that is the case. What CB are we in on that we are waiting for? Holmes ship has sailed and it sounds like a lot of the California secondary guys have cooled on us a bit. This kid has good tape.

think this kid would commit on the spot if we let him but obviously appears to be a secondary or tertiary option for us

I doubt that is the case. What CB are we in on that we are waiting for? Holmes ship has sailed and it sounds like a lot of the California secondary guys have cooled on us a bit. This kid has good tape.

Agree that the kid wants to commit every thing he says seems like he is ready - either the above is true or he wants to wait until NSD, however he doesn't want to be that silent.

If he sees what we've done with a very-low 3 star Chris Jones (from his same HS) and making him into potentially an early departure for the draft - and doesn't want to come here - I'm not sure what more he could want. I'm pretty confident in this one.

Knock on wood.

It is between us and the 3 worst programs in the power 5. Hope we land him but if he is the top guy on the board we better win this recruiting battle.

Lol easy now, little too much exaggeration.

• Upvote 1

I thought that it was expressed that his offer was most likely not comittal right now.

That was just Mav's opinion.

IMO, if we have 0 DBs committed by December 19 and we're turning away some decent prospects for hopes at bigger fish near signing day, that would concern me. If the kid wants to commit here, and Darnay and the like can't get their sh#t together, I'd love to have him. Like I said earlier, this guy is very much in the mold of Chris Jones and he turned out alright.

I thought that it was expressed that his offer was most likely not comittal right now.

IMO, if we have 0 DBs committed by December 19 and we're turning away some decent prospects for hopes at bigger fish near signing day, that would concern me. If the kid wants to commit here, and Darnay and the like can't get their sh#t together, I'd love to have him. Like I said earlier, this guy is very much in the mold of Chris Jones and he turned out alright.

Just as a FYI Darnay isn't coming here. That dream unfortunately has been squashed

Just as a FYI Darnay isn't coming here. That dream unfortunately has been squashed

For some.

Not for me yet.

• Upvote 1

For some.

Not for me yet.

Nate Clouse went on the radio and said we are out of it publicly but sure

For some.

Not for me yet.

Nate Clouse went on the radio and said we are out of it publicly but sure
I didn't know Nate Clouse made the decisions for recruits. Darnay has been silent about things since June and never said we were out of the picture publicly but sure
  • Upvote 2

This is true. And it's complete speculation on my part.

That guess came from how excited he seems to be about Nebraska, his relative lack of other "big" offers and the other - seemingly more attractive - other guys we had been after.

However, it's also entirely possible that he just wanted to wait and have a special signing ceremony. That didn't seem to make as much sense at the time because he would risk losing his spot. But perhaps we aren't as in on the other guys as we'd like to think. Or perhaps we like him more than I think.

It was just a hunch. Could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

Speculation that with Johnson in play, working on Graham and getting back in the mix with Darnay, that Hafiz has slid down our board. Might be willing to take a chance passing on him while trying to lure others.

Speculation that with Johnson in play, working on Graham and getting back in the mix with Darnay, that Hafiz has slid down our board. Might be willing to take a chance passing on him while trying to lure others.

i hope we do if for no other reason than to think big. We seem to have decent depth at CB so if we don't fill the spot with Hafiz and take the chance on the other bigger names and whiff I wouldn't be upset