CB Quran Hafiz [Florida Atlantic - Signed LOI]

HuskermanMike

HuskerBoard Predictor  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always look at prospects like this and say....well....I don't see something that gets me really excited. BUT....there have been lots of players that come in rated like this and become big players in our program.

I'm hoping the coaches see something they love and I hope he has that special competitive edge that makes him special

That is....if he picks us.

I always look at prospects like this and say....well....I don't see something that gets me really excited. BUT....there have been lots of players that come in rated like this and become big players in our program.

I'm hoping the coaches see something they love and I hope he has that special competitive edge that makes him special

They saw something that had him towards the bottom of our board.

He's on our board for a reason though. It's not like they offered the kid the last two weeks in January. To my knowledge, we offered him clear back in September.

• Fire 2

He's on our board for a reason though. It's not like they offered the kid the last two weeks in January. To my knowledge, we offered him clear back in September.

That's true about him being on the board and a good point I almost noted. I know when we "offered" but this day in age it doesn't mean much because we don't know when it became committable. I think it was pretty obvious when we left him hanging and sent Riley to Cali that he's down the board. Getting option "B" (Hafiz) is better than getting option "C", sure, but at what point do we start getting the "A's"? Recruiting is unique because you sign one class a year, its not like a business where you see problems and correct them each month. You live with each year's results for 1-5 years in recruiting.

But this new coach is gonna get croots!

With a full calander year, yes he'll pull in a bunch before it's all over. But to think he'd come in and snag every recruit he was linked with is stupid. He had a whole year of pitching certain themes to kids to get them to go to Arizona. Now a change of scenery for him, he can't preach the same things. Kids would see right through it. Next year, DWill should be very successful

• Fire 1

Rumblings on 247 that he was involved in the golpher case....he visited Minnesota that weekend and was apparently the only recruit to visit. Take it worth a grain of salt at this point.

EDIT: this article explains some things but doesn't name anyone in particular. However does state an underage recruit was involved.

http://m.startribune.com/underage-gopher-football-recruit-involved-in-alleged-sexual-misconduct/407140326/

• Fire 1