1st Place In The West

Wisconsin because their defense held Michigan to 14 points in easily the toughest stadium in the country.

are you the person that said this in the other thread that made everyone barf? That is easily not the toughest place to play.

Pretty sure someone else said it previously, which is what makes it weird. The Big House is pretty milque toast as far as hostile environments go.

So Wisconsin has a 2-1 record against top ten teams this season (and the only loss was close), and people think they're not good?

Wisconsin is 0-1 vs the top ten. They are 2-0 against former top ten teams who are no longer ranked.

I think Wisky is very good, and we'll have to play our best or get lucky to beat them in Camp Randall.

• Fire 1

Look

through 3 quarters NU was 16-17 against , Ill the 108th ranked team in FBS according to the cbs ncaa rankings listed week of. http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/cbs-poll

at home no less.

Wisconsin was virtually tied with a top 5 Mich. ON the ROAD. with a very young QB.

Wisconsin faced off against and handled the Mich rushing attack.

NU was gouged repeatedly by Illinois giving up 5.9 yds per carry.

Assuming Mich rises to the rarified air of the Illinois rushing attack at home, gaining at least 5.9 yds per carry, Mich destroys Nebraska in that game, while Wisconsin has a shot to win.

Unless NU makes improvements in several areas Wisconsin beats NU soundly.

Look I am a fan of the Huskers. but I have a set of eyes and dont ever get caught up in sunshine pumping. When we are legitimately better than somebody you will hear me crowing as loud as anyone. But the worst thing you can do is over rate your own accomplishments while underestimating the opponent.

• Fire 1

Needless to say, Nebraska's season is going to come down to how they perform against Wisconsin and Ohio State. They've shown they have the talent and will to win at least one of those games, and nothing I've seen tells me they won't.

Or....it isn't going to. When's the last time we beat everyone on our schedule that we should have beaten without any slip ups?

I was curious, so I looked. Part of it was that we weren't ranked all season after the 2007 debacle, but our 4 losses came from:

Virginia Tech. They were 3-1 and unranked, but were 15.5 point favorites anyway

#4 Missouri

#7 Texas Tech

#4 Oklahoma

Other than 2008 you'd have to go all the way back to 1997.

I'm not a Pelini Apologist, but found this interesting. Maybe history can repeat itself in terms of beating the teams we should this year.

Wisconsin is beatable, their offense is trash.

Our defense hasn't proven to be stellar, either.

You don't have to be stellar to beat their offense. Apply pressure, force deep throws and hit him hard.

Do you think there is a real chance of this?

Why do you keep intentionally trolling at me?

• Fire 2

Michigan is not a top 5 team yet. I'm still debating on top 10. They blew out some really bad football teams, were challenged by a rising Colorado, beat up a shitshow Penn St (whom will probably not make it to 6 wins this year. sh#t going wrong in happy valley) and then the Wisconsin game. i think a lot of it is the Harbaugh effect and the desire to manipulate the playoff rankings in hope the Michigan keeps winning so ESPN can get the 1/2 vs 3/4 game at the end of the year. We're gonna find out how good Michigan really is. I very well could be wrong. Dont sleep on Maryland. And obviously dont sleep on Indiana now. And definitely dont sleep on Dantonio. With all the issues Mich St has, heh.

Michigan is far from invisible and in the clear. They could very well end up 9-3

Look

through 3 quarters NU was 16-17 against , Ill the 108th ranked team in FBS according to the cbs ncaa rankings listed week of. http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/cbs-poll

at home no less

Look, through 3 quarters Wisconsin was 13-10 vs Georgia State a team that hasn't won a game all year. At home no less.

you cant do that. it doesnt fit the agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

updated standing (and inter-division losses)

Nebraska 3-0

Iowa 3-1 (NW)

Northwestern 2-1 (NU)

Minnesota 1-2 (Iowa)

Wisconsin 1-2

Purdue 1-2 (Iowa)

Illinois 1-2 (NU, Purdue)

Loser of the Iowa/Wisconsin game this week is in a world of hurt for the division. It would give Iowa 2 losses to inter division teams, and they still have to play UM and NU. Wisconsin would be sitting at 3 losses, losing the tiebreaker with Iowa.

• Fire 1

updated standing (and inter-division losses)

Nebraska 3-0

Iowa 3-1 (NW)

Northwestern 2-1 (NU)

Minnesota 1-2 (Iowa)

Wisconsin 1-2

Purdue 1-2 (Iowa)

Illinois 1-2 (NU, Purdue)

Loser of the Iowa/Wisconsin game this week is in a world of hurt for the division. It would give Iowa 2 losses to inter division teams, and they still have to play UM and NU. Wisconsin would be sitting at 3 losses, losing the tiebreaker with Iowa.

Nebraska and Iowa control their own destiny if either can win out. Wisky needs tOSU to beat the Huskers, and then they also control their own destiny. The others aren't eliminated but need more help.