Huskers/Hoosiers on ABC @ 2:30

Mavric

Very glad this week is a BYE for NU.

I am in Tampa and have 9 extra people living with me until Hurricane Matthew gets sorted out on the other coast. Air mattresses and makeshift beds everywhere, plus buffet style dining. I don't have enough brisket and ribs on hand for this crowd along with the 4 of us that live here normally. Not to mention 4 cats and one surly Chihuahua. Shaping up to be an interesting weekend and it's going to be difficult on the CFB watching schedule I normally keep, which is Noon until 2AM or whenever any good games out west end.

As far as IU, I hope our team and coaches are not overlooking them. I can't imagine they would. Undefeated only stays that way with skill, talent, a little luck, and paying attention to each game as they arrive.

IU has certainly been a better team this year. I hope we can get some energy before the 4th Q for this game and Purdue. We need to get better in earlier quarters or we'll get demolished later in the season.

• Fire 1

I am in Tampa and have 9 extra people living with me until Hurricane Matthew gets sorted out on the other coast. Air mattresses and makeshift beds everywhere, plus buffet style dining. I don't have enough brisket and ribs on hand for this crowd along with the 4 of us that live here normally. Not to mention 4 cats and one surly Chihuahua. Shaping up to be an interesting weekend and it's going to be difficult on the CFB watching schedule I normally keep, which is Noon until 2AM or whenever any good games out west end.

As far as IU, I hope our team and coaches are not overlooking them. I can't imagine they would. Undefeated only stays that way with skill, talent, a little luck, and paying attention to each game as they arrive.

IU has certainly been a better team this year. I hope we can get some energy before the 4th Q for this game and Purdue. We need to get better in earlier quarters or we'll get demolished later in the season.

I think what you are seeing in the first three quarters is that we are still lacking talent in some area's and quality depth in certain areas. The positive is that this seems to be the best conditioned team we have had in a long time as that is why I believe we win the 4th quarters the way we do along with a change in culture of implosion that we had when adversity hit. Once the recruiting gives us the talent and depth we need, with the stronger mindset and the conditioning, we should be getting back to where we all want to be.

And good on you for taking those people in. I really hope that everything turns out ok for everybody.

I think what you are seeing in the first three quarters is that we are still lacking talent in some area's and quality depth in certain areas. The positive is that this seems to be the best conditioned team we have had in a long time as that is why I believe we win the 4th quarters the way we do along with a change in culture of implosion that we had when adversity hit. Once the recruiting gives us the talent and depth we need, with the stronger mindset and the conditioning, we should be getting back to where we all want to be.

And good on you for taking those people in. I really hope that everything turns out ok for everybody.

Agreed--good of you to take on those folks, Flood.

As for Indiana, I've said before the beginning of the season this would be a trap game--new foe that's on a noticeable upswing, an offense that plays against our weakness, and a road environment to boot. I doubt Indiana is getting overlooked; if anything, they're probably getting an extra day or two of attention because of the bye week (split probably between them, Wisky, and possibly tOSU?) that we wouldn't have given them otherwise.

If there's a week that we may be able to cheat and look ahead, it will be the following week against Purdue. That team is a hot mess. Granted, that hot mess beat us last year, but we finally have a staffer in the box with a spray bottle of water on hand for when Langsdorf starts calling too many passing plays.