The missing FB

Good question. Have any of our 4,392 sports reporters asked about this?

I saw this posted somewhere else. I'm a sports producer in Omaha, so I can put a bug in someone's ear to ask about things, if y'all want to PM me. I figure it's a win/win/win. You get your question asked, I get more content throughout the week, and everyone gets to hear something about the team they didn't already know.

That explanation makes zero sense to me

You should call Danny Langsdorf, because that was about exactly his explanation for why we aren't seeing the FB. He wants to use that position, and the TE. The fact that he isn't should tell us that it's out of his hands (due to injury/lack of depth & skill).

Next year an improvement in talent along the OL & the addition of Ben Miles will look very different me thinks.

Ben Miles is a good addition, but what makes you think Miles will play as a true frosh. Fullbacks are a lot like tight ends, where a redshirt season is highly likely.
I don't think the ones we have on the roster are anything more than average.

Just because Janovich was a good player but was never used with the previous staff cuz their system didnt utilize much traditional fullback, and his use in 2015 largely due to the new staff simply looking for someone to make something happen on top of fitting their system better, all does nort mean every fullback thereafter will be the caliber of Janovich.

The offensive struggles run much deeper than the fullback.

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

Which five would you put on the field first?

Just because Janovich was a good player but was never used with the previous staff cuz their system didnt utilize much traditional fullback, and his use in 2015 largely due to the new staff simply looking for someone to make something happen on top of fitting their system better, all does nort mean every fullback thereafter will be the caliber of Janovich.

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

DPE for returns, McNitt, Moore,Cotton, Ozigbo, Morgan.

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

Youre not helping my cause.

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

I can tell you this, McNitt is the last guy I'm putting on the field. As for the other 7 it really depends on situation because I think all of those players can help us in one way or another

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

I can tell you this, McNitt is the last guy I'm putting on the field. As for the other 7 it really depends on situation because I think all of those players can help us in one way or another

That's kinda my point. I dont wanna put a fullback on the field just for the sake of putting a fullback on the field. cuz Janovich's abiltiy and the circumstances gave us blue blood husker fans a serious jones for the fullback again. It's has to be a productive scenario. If McNitt was good enough, they'd be using him.

Pierson El

Newby

Reilly

Moore

Morgan

Mcnitt

Cotton

Ozigbo

Are you going in reverse order, or?