Bowl Projections Thread

Red Five

"Big Red Today" web page has an article on whether or not the Outback Bowl will choose Iowa or Nebraska. In the article, the staff writer states that 13 of the 14 "expert" projections has Nebraska going to the Outback Bowl, although, bowl officials have indicated that Iowa ranks high on their list. Iowa has played there 3 times since 03 and Nebraska has never been in Outback.

Iowa does have the "momentum" right now, (as a fan base) with the upset win over Michigan and of course the Nebraska win.....whereas Nebraska has dropped 3 of last 4 and fan base is reeling. This does factor into invitation due to projected travel.

Of the 13 who have Nebraska going to Outback , 9 have a Nebraska-Florida matchup, with a few having either TaM or LSU.

The other "expert" has Holiday Bowl, but that will not happen.

** My opinion, after reading a lot of articles, is that Nebraska is headed to the Outback and if Iowa gets selected, then we will drop to the Music City Bowl.

• Fire 1

Local sports channel (7 Omaha ABC), sports last night reported that it is beginning to look like the Outback Bowl is leaning towards Iowa. You are correct.... Iowa wants nothing to do with Stanford and I think the Holiday Bowl really wants them. Iowa is pushing for Outback, and for all of the reasons we have listed, Iowa has a little more "pull" than Nebraska after last week.

They stated that the Music City Bowl is the "likely" destination as of yesterday, playing either Arkansas or Tennessee.

I am holding out that the Outback Bowl will choose Nebraska, although the Music City Bowl will give us a better match up as far as ending on a 'high' note.

** If Iowa is pushing to NOT face Stanford, I can't wait to see their "Typically" anemic offense (other than when they play Nebraska), try to move the ball against Florida.