Bowl Projections Thread

Red Five

Maybe it's just me, but I think the playoff makes the bowl games less interesting. It should also be 8 teams

I think that has more to do with there being 41 bowl games

Yes, and yes. You are both right, IMO.

An 8-team playoff and less bowls that are more selective with who is allowed in would help. At the end of the day declining viewership in the bowls will force the issue.

You just gotta love watching a bowl game when they kick a FG or a PAT and there is absolutely no one behind the goal post. Because there are so many bowls, it has pretty much turned into a participation ribbon just because you won five or six games. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the $$$. Unfortunately, it's the $$$ that is killing college football.

If the complainers would go to Vegas and bet on a few of the crappy bowls, it would change their whole opinion on those games. :P

I have honestly never gotten why having so many bowls is a bad thing. In the end, it turns into more practice, an extra game, and more money. I am not saying 0-12 teams should be in bowls, but I think it's fine how it is right now.

Heh, the bowls are still just as corrupt as ever.

If Nebraska doesn't make the Rose Bowl or the playoff, we will face a Pac 12 or SEC team. Mark it.

I have an even more likely guarantee. Nebraska will face a Pac 12, SEC, Big 12, ACC, or G5 team. Mark that, I know I'll be right.

I'm also pretty sure they will face a football team, but anything could happen between now and December.

Colorado.

Please. I seriously want this. Pleeeaaasseee

Man they hate you guys, never knew it was that deep, they cant even spell Nebraska on their forum.

They were always a W in the Big 8. Then Oklahoma ditched us and Texas told us colorado was our new rival. They accepted it with extreme prejudice, we went......meh.

• Fire 1

If Nebraska doesn't make the Rose Bowl or the playoff, we will face a Pac 12 or SEC team. Mark it.

Yes, we do have a better chance of playing a Pac 12 or SEC team due to the B1G bowl agreements.

Our only chance of playing a ACC team is if we make the Orange Bowl (probably need to win out and lose in the CCG) or falling way down to the Pinstripe Bowl (which would require us to go maybe 1-3 rest of the way).

And the B1G doesn't have a bowl tie in with the Big 12, so they are off the table.

Getting a Cotton Bowl bid (10-2 w/o playing in CCG?) would require us to play a Group of Five team.