What did we learn- Ohio State edition

Westercamp and Tommy were the only things good about this game. They played hard all night. Westerkamp is a real WR. I am tired of this gorilla wideouts, savage whatever...stop dropping the f'n ball! Did you see tOSU guys drop it...no they grab it out of the air, juggle it and still catch it, go over the middle and catch it, defenders hit them and they still catch it. Tommy is running for his life and so puts a bit of zip on the ball...drop. Tommy scrambling out of the pocket and hits you in the chest...drop. Tommy getting pressure in his face but gets the ball out in time...drop. These are drive killers and I am damn tired of these WR's these last couple of games. Pathetic chimp crap. Gorilla..gimme a break.

Our DL and OL are simply overmatched. Good enough for a top 25 team but not for a top 10 team. I would recruit the hell out of these positions and then recruit it some more. We could have switched Barrett and Tommy and the OSU would have still won. It's way easier to play QB when you have protection from your OL and your DL is making the opposing QB take hits, make hurried throws, run around all night. One positive you can take from a game like tonight is to just see the wide gap we need to fill on both lines if we ever want to compete for championships. The differences in the OL and DL is staggering when you play championship caliber teams.

Thought our defense sucked tonight. The DL got no pressure. No blitzes. Young had a chance to drill Barrett for a sack and pulled up...why, mind boggling? Gerry had a chance to level Hill on the end around and pulled off...wtf? Did not like the fire of the defense after we got down big...were playing contain and not to get hurt...really bad mindset for a defense. Meanwhile the OSU is flying around and drill our QB on the sideline and knock him out of the game. We look slow in these types of matches on defense. Sloppy tackling. MRI...honestly tired of this guy's act...decent player but nothing more. Not sure what we expect of our secondary when basically we are waiving the white flag on the front 7...these guys can't cover forever. Bad game plan on defense all around.

The offense...starts with the OL in these types of matches. We can't get anything going between the tackles and just get stuffed so we have seen this act before. Tommy now has to scramble around with pressure and with only one guy who can actually catch the ball. I actually can't believe some of Fyfe's passes off the back foot, lofting it into double coverage, hoping our guy will out jump some of the best defenders in the league...this is jr. high stuff. We get picked 6 meanwhile while our offense shows no pride to actually tackle the guy.

Special teams. Fielding kicks that are going out of bounds and getting stuffed inside the 15...brilliant. This has been an embarrassment all year and we need to fire Read.

Really bad look in primetime tonight. Not so upset that we lost as OSU is a great team and I did not expect us to win...but the way we competed and showed no fire or drive or pride was really pissing me off and was the most concerning thing tonight. They knock our QB out and we have no answer or leader to rally behind. I thought these types of games were over.

• Fire 1

This game was a statistical anomaly. OSU beat the spread by an improbable amount. Our teams quarterback and our most important player by leaps and downs went down and we are not nearly the same team with our second string quarterback in. If we played again with tommy back in the game, it would probably be competetive. The doomsdayers are being overly dramatic.

Burrows is way better than any Qb Nebraska has .by a mile.

If only he would've been interested in playing for us...

If only Beck would have offered him a scholly to come to NU.

Beck master plan unfolding. Ran off Burrows from Nebraska into the arms of Ohio State. Urban rewarded Beck with position on his staff. Beck smiles as Burrows scored TD against Huskers. Bwahahaha!!!!

I think my heart and health are better for never having to watch the highlights of this game.

Checking the score periodically was depressing enough.

Man! I had my hopes up.

Let's just try to finish the season strong. There's always the danger a loss like this is back-breaking.

Really bad look in primetime tonight. Not so upset that we lost as OSU is a great team and I did not expect us to win...but the way we competed and showed no fire or drive or pride was really pissing me off and was the most concerning thing tonight. They knock our QB out and we have no answer or leader to rally behind. I thought these types of games were over.

I never want to see a Nebraska player giving up. The attitude in Lincoln needs to change and the local media can deliver the message. In player interviews prior to big games they should ask very pointed questions that make it clear that these kind of performances are not acceptable. Either they will crumble under the additional pressure or they will think twice about giving up. We're providing first class facilities and giving them a scholarship, earn it.

When you lose 62-3, there is almost nothing positive going on with your team and the game generally. This is as bad as they get I think. Funny part is that I did not expect much this week and was therefore somewhat ready for the loss (I predicted 31-13 today but also said it could be worse but hope hot). I think some other losses felt even worse but I don't know how it's possible.

Next week will be tough but I am gonna predict we win that game, with or without Tommy A. Just wishful thinking and or a gut hunch or my Husker heart there.