What did we learn- Ohio State edition

This game was a statistical anomaly. OSU beat the spread by an improbable amount. Our teams quarterback and our most important player by leaps and downs went down and we are not nearly the same team with our second string quarterback in. If we played again with tommy back in the game, it would probably be competetive. The doomsdayers are being overly dramatic.

This.

A lot of negativity here which is expected after a blowout.

I felt like the team played hard they just were outmanned at every turn. I felt the team kept fighting even though game was over.

Tommy just elevated himself in a way I didn't think was possible. He had no need to come back to the stadium, and you know he knew the score...and he still did it to be with his team. Big balls from a big time player with a lot of heart. I can't remember seeing anything like that in sports.

It shows he loves his teammates and was hoping to support and help them in any way possible. That says a lot about him and probably says a lot about this team in general and the direction they are going.

A lot of negativity here which is expected after a blowout.

I felt like the team played hard they just were outmanned at every turn. I felt the team kept fighting even though game was over.

Tommy just elevated himself in a way I didn't think was possible. He had no need to come back to the stadium, and you know he knew the score...and he still did it to be with his team. Big balls from a big time player with a lot of heart. I can't remember seeing anything like that in sports.

It shows he loves his teammates and was hoping to support and help them in any way possible. That says a lot about him and probably says a lot about this team in general and the direction they are going.

There is no way you can question the kids heart, he is a warrior that is for sure.

That we need to start pulling in some of the top O-Line and D-Line prospects

That we need to fire Banker and the Special teams coach

That we still are not where we need to be talent wise to compete with tOSU and Michigan

I agree with the ST's coach, disagree with Banker. Let him have a defense with some depth in the front 7 and some LB's who can tackle before judging him. He's done really well this year in spite of the limitations due to our front seven.

• Fire 1

That our gameplan was to run inside with Newby (our fastest RB), tosses (finally!) to the outside with our slowest RB, and the passing gameplan was to run verts and throw 50/50 balls.

That the blowouts haven't stopped, and we just suffered the second worst loss in school history.

That apparently we have less talent than Indiana, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State. We're also fielding a team composed entirely of walk-ons.

• Fire 1

That our gameplan was to run inside with Newby (our fastest RB), tosses (finally!) to the outside with our slowest RB, and the passing gameplan was to run verts and throw 50/50 balls.

That the blowouts haven't stopped, and we just suffered the second worst loss in school history.

That apparently we have less talent than Indiana, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State. We're also fielding a team composed entirely of walk-ons.

NW was like 10 yards away from tying them up. Crazy!

Any Given Sunday (or Saturday). Sometimes that's all it is.

We have a right to be disappointed, they played terribly - all of them. But the dramatic calling for people's heads and negativity is ridiculous. Seeing Tommy on the field tonight should have reminded you all that it's just a game, and that these are just kids. Next week we'll show up just like we did the past 7 weeks and many of those who are so angry here this weekend will either be a no show to posting next week, or you'll jump on the bandwagon with a win.

Chill out.

I figured we would love lose to Wisconsin and OSU...and win the rest.

Yeah, at the beginning of the season that's sorta what I thought would happen. I didn't think the Wisconsin game in Camp Randall would be as close as it was, and I obviously didn't foresee the tOSU game getting out of hand like it did. Oh well. I guess we'll see how well our guys can finish out the season after this. And hopefully get into a decent bowl.

I thought games like this were behind us.

I was absolutely incorrect.

You weren't the only one fooled. A blowout like this continues to sets the program back. If this happens in year 4 of the Riley experiment then we need to move on.
most people can agree with this. But this is year two and we may have been out coached but our players were out played as well. Coaches called some plays especially early that gave us a chance. The players didn't execute on some of those plays. At the same time it was clear Meyer and Co was much better than Riley and Co yesterday. It's not all on the coaches, our coaches are't bad coaches at all. Exact same should be said for the players. But Ohio State has one if the 3 best coaches in college football and players across the board who would be starting over our guys if they played for us. Not at every position, but at most positions. Combine that with the fact we came out and executed poorly and fell apart with playcalling, and OSU played one of their best games to date yiu get a blowout loss