Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

When you lose 62-3 and fall behind in the conference standings, it kinda feels like the rest of the season doesn't matter. At least that's how I'm feeling I guess.

We controlled our own destiny and were on pace for a special year. Then BAM, we got humbled to the point I'm just looking forward to next season.

This is pretty much spot on. We were hitting above our weight for awhile, doing well, and Ohio State put us back in our place.

This can still be a great season; 10-2 is nothing to sneeze at, particularly given last year. But none of our end goals are attainable at this point, so the feeling of the "air being let out of the balloon" is natural.

I truly believe that in 2 to 3 years of recruiting top notch talent can win you a title, not 5 to 7 years. Harbaugh is on year 2 as well and has Michigan competing for Big 10 title and maybe even a National title appearance. Michigan was competing last year for the Big 10 title.

Petersen is on his third year at Washington and very possibly will have the Huskies in the playoff picture. If you can coach and recruit, 2 to 3 years should be the expectation level. Riley goes 10-2 this year with no more blow out defeats and brings in some good recruits, who knows, Big 10 West should be in reach.

Keep in mind that if we win out, and Wiscy loses one, we're in the B1G title game. We still have that to play for. "But, Wisconsin's schedule is easy." It contains Minnesota, who is their main rival. Anything can happen there. "But we don't deserve to be there." If we make it, we deserve to be there. "But we'll just get blown out again by tOSU or Michigan." They would go in with a chip on their shoulder. We likely wouldn't win, but neither MR nor the players would allow it to be a humiliation.

It's time to look away from the ugly past and look forward to our last three games. Everyone is pissed. Let's go get that chair and force Goldy to give us $5.

I don't know why people are giving up.....a bunch of big tit babies I guess?? We're right where I thought we were. Sure, it would've been nice to put it in the end zone the couple times we had a chance, but I'm not surprised that we were outmatched man for man.

Time to get back to what we were doing and try to improve on our obvious shortcomings.

CM, check the past MNC and NC teams, I think the only exception was Ohio State with Tressel as the head coach.

Actually I think it is top 5. I think Ohio State came in 7th as an average.

Nebraska returning to being a National Power is not likely, even though we all hope it will happen. Many things have changed since Coach Osborne walked the sidelines.

Nebraska continues to drag its feet on recruiting the same as the top programs do. I think Riley tries and wants to, but the financial side is not there. And in honesty the same for Bo. And the desire to challenge the NCAA as to what it allows to happen.

Backing into things is what started this nightmare. 2001 was the end of Nebraska as we know it.

Nebraska returning to being a National Power is not likely, even though we all hope it will happen. Many things have changed since Coach Osborne walked the sidelines.

Alabama returning to a National Power was not likely before Saban came in, and even during his first couple of years.

Michigan returning to a national power was not likely before Harbaugh came in.

Clemson being a national power wasn't likely until last year.

Chin up.

CM, check the past MNC and NC teams, I think the only exception was Ohio State with Tressel as the head coach.

Nebraska continues to drag its feet on recruiting the same as the top programs do. I think Riley tries and wants to, but the financial side is not there. And in honesty the same for Bo. And the desire to challenge the NCAA as to what it allows to happen.

Backing into things is what started this nightmare. 2001 was the end of Nebraska as we know it.

I'm almost positive Nebraska spends more on recruiting than anyone else in the conference, and I believe we're top 10 in the country. The problem is, we have an uphil batttle, because the rules put us at a disadvantage. The Nebraska administration can do a lot of good by fighting for favorable recruiting changes.

Alabama returning to a National Power was not likely before Saban came in, and even during his first couple of years.

Michigan returning to a national power was not likely before Harbaugh came in.

Clemson being a national power wasn't likely until last year.

Chin up.

They all had pretty darn good coaching , would you put us in the category? The whole staff on average.

You could have made the same claim before the 90s run.

The notion of needing to recruit well is not new. People criticized Osborne's recruiting too.

In the end, A+ coaching with B+ or better talent makes you nationally competitive.

And frankly, if we don't believe that, we should pack up the program or adjust our expectations, because NU won't consistently be a top 10 recruiting team.

I have supported the team for longer than most on here have been alive. I am not giving up on the team. I send a check every year as I have for over 40 years. Not many more, but they will get one as long as I am alive.

I don't have to have 9 wins or 10 wins to be a Nebraska fan. I can deal with far less, as long as it represents Nebraska in a positive light. Shocker, not everything is based on wins and losses.

And your story CM is not correct. Coach Osborne recruited quite well nationally. But he had the pipeline and that was his main advantage. We have lost that. Nor do we have the Strength and Conditioning advantage that we had then. Kids are not walking on at Nebraska that we used to get. College is too expensive and if they can get it paid for at Iowa State or Kansas, Iowa they will go there. Our walkons, would be walkons pretty much anywhere in a power 5 college.

I don't want to give up. Just kind of hard to get excited after last week. I had 4 people try to sell me they're tickets at work yesterday. In my opinion we need to quit trying to be so fancy. Swallow our pride a little bit and do things similar to what Wisconsin does. Focus our recruiting on offensive and defensive lineman. Not on so many receivers. I would also like to see us give scholarships to more Nebraska kids and less on 3 stars form where ever that never work out anyway.

I don't know why people are giving up.....a bunch of big tit babies I guess??

What do the size of ones' tits have to do with giving up on a football team?

You don't comprehend very well. The people giving up are big titbabies. Back to your weird agenda.

Are they female? Where can I find these women? kthnxbai :smokin

I don't know why people are giving up.....a bunch of big tit babies I guess??

What do the size of ones' tits have to do with giving up on a football team?

You don't comprehend very well. The people giving up are big titbabies. Back to your weird agenda.

Are they female? Where can I find these women? kthnxbai :smokin

No, a titbaby has to hang on mommy's tit or it will start crying.