Trump's cabinet

One more vote, Republican Senators. Come on. We can do this. Stop Betsy DeVos.

Where does Sasse stand on her?

One would think that with his background in running a University, he would be against. But I'm sure he'll be towing the party line along with "Do Nothing Deb"

• Fire 1

One more vote, Republican Senators. Come on. We can do this. Stop Betsy DeVos.

Where does Sasse stand on her?

One would think that with his background in running a University, he would be against. But I'm sure he'll be towing the party line along with "Do Nothing Deb"

Boo. I kind of like Sasse, being in SD I know Thune and Rounds won't step out of line with Trump. At this point I'm assuming Trump will use an executive order to create a "personal fluffer" position and those two will be front runners

To put those 50 "no" votes into perspective:

Betsy DeVos was barely confirmed, 51-50, as secretary of education on Tuesday. Two Republican senators, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine, joined with every Democrat in opposition to DeVos’s confirmation. Vice President Mike Pence broke the tie in DeVos’s favor.

DeVos’s 50 “no” votes are the most received by a secretary of education nominee since the position was first established in 1979. Secretary of education has been among the least contentious Cabinet positions: Only three of the previous 10 nominees received any “no” votes at all.

LINK