Protests

I'm sorry but almost everything Trump has said in 2016(very, important because advisers make the President see George W. Bush) has been one big kumbaya session except for the dumb and irrelevant comments after the Orlando shootings.

I got news for ya, If you think diaspora(Which is what is being proposed) is something that is beneficial to the local population or the migrant population then you don't know American or world history. We are still paying for the sins of this country's ancestors. Adding the sins of illegal wars won't do anyone any good especially if even a small chunk of people hate this country's guts(and deservedly so).

I reject any attempt to normalize DJT and the things he's stood behind.

Our default desire to tamp down protests is dangerous. Yes, people protest silly things. Yes, protesters often act very silly. At the other end of that, our tendency to reject protests is an enforcement of normality. For the sake of a now president-elect who's promised a vengeful, banana republic administration, *that* is dangerous.

DJT will go after the Post and destroy men like David Fahrenthold if his public gives him license to. He will do things like this if there are only insignificant protest movements that get shouted down by people who are basically fine with this, and just want to get on with their own lives.

A civic resistance is very important. It's one of the lone checks left on his power that we have available. And keeping that check, make no mistake, will be a fight.

• Fire 1

Our default desire to tamp down protests is dangerous. Yes, people protest silly things. Yes, protesters often act very silly. At the other end of that, our tendency to reject protests is an enforcement of normality. For the sake of a now president-elect who's promised a vengeful, banana republic administration, *that* is dangerous.

DJT will go after the Post and destroy men like David Fahrenthold if his public gives him license to. He will do things like this if there are only insignificant protest movements that get shouted down by people who are basically fine with this, and just want to get on with their own lives.

A civic resistance is very important. It's one of the lone checks left on his power that we have available. And keeping that check, make no mistake, will be a fight.

I'm all for the protests as long as they don't hurt or kill anyone.

It even brought out a lot of people to vote who had no interest in voting for their entire lives.

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

• Fire 2

YES!!!

And...if things go well be sure to praise!

No truer words could be written.

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

If anything, some of them look like a pretty fun time.

Me too, Woody. As with any protest, I do hope nobody gets hurt, on any side.

I'm sorry but almost everything Trump has said in 2016(very, important because advisers make the President see George W. Bush) has been one big kumbaya session except for the dumb and irrelevant comments after the Orlando shootings.

I'd challenge you on this.

The election is over. You are an American first, and Donald Trump voter second. The things he has said, you don't have to own. They belong to him, not to you.

Teach, I hope a lot of things go well in a country of 300 million people devoting their lives to trying to make it that way. I'll reserve no praise for a man who has made bogeymen of so many.

Me too, Woody. As with any protest, I do hope nobody gets hurt, on any side.

I'd challenge you on this.

The election is over. You are an American first, and Donald Trump voter second. The things he has said, you don't have to own. They belong to him, not to you.

That's fine.

He has talked about getting along with Mexico, Russia, China, etc....ie. No Syrian No Fly Zone and WWIII

He has mentioned "Bankers" as a pejorative. I'm shocked he said it. I am a LEGIT Occupy Wall Street supporter and I can get behind this(Not the hippies and not the communists but the enslaved student population who are debt slaves because of higher education money laundering)

He has talked about rebuilding the Manufacturing base(looking at you, Wisconsin, PA, Ohio, & m1ch1gan)

He has talked about keeping Religious Freedom. What we have now is a system where Capitalism is used a tool to subvert Democracy(see Indiana and Marc Benioff) making certain areas the equivalent of Cuba where it can be embargoed.

Rebuilding infrastructure, inner cities,etc

Rumors about him getting rid of some of these U.S. bases around the world. I'm against U.S. imperialism.

Is this all a lie? maybe. I know Trump is arrogant and I know he is self-centered. I was born but it wasn't yesterday. One thing is certain, The U.S. is better because the Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs have been given their walking papers with one election.

I've always said the people in the audience are much more important than the one guy with a Toupee.

• Fire 2

Protesting is an important activity that enables people to engage in a civic manner and express opinions. I am generally all for them (well, at least I'm not "against" them) as long as there is not violence or property destruction.

Unfortunately, protests of this era are oftentimes not led or organized by those who are truly concerned as much as they are bankrolled or led by outside or "larger" forces/entities. We have seen this with much of the protests over the last 1.5 years and also with what has happened at many of the Trump rallies. Entities paid for/organized by groups such as MoveOn or from any of George Soros' "nonprofit" organizations.

That being said, seeing these people get bused into areas, on the payroll (if they're lucky!) of some tax-exempt (laughable) NGO, solely to cause chaos or to create fear in order to accomplish some kind of objective (that is oftentimes unrelated to what the stated topic of the protests are) is really a slap in the face to protesters and organizers of previous generations. Also, so many of the individual protesters are viewed and treated solely as pawns.

• Fire 2