Protests

Protesting is an important activity that enables people to engage in a civic manner and express opinions. I am generally all for them (well, at least I'm not "against" them) as long as there is not violence or property destruction.

Unfortunately, protests of this era are oftentimes not led or organized by those who are truly concerned as much as they are bankrolled or led by outside or "larger" forces/entities. We have seen this with much of the protests over the last 1.5 years and also with what has happened at many of the Trump rallies. Entities paid for/organized by groups such as MoveOn or from any of George Soros' "nonprofit" organizations.

That being said, seeing these people get bused into areas, on the payroll (if they're lucky!) of some tax-exempt (laughable) NGO, solely to cause chaos or to create fear in order to accomplish some kind of objective (that is oftentimes unrelated to what the stated topic of the protests are) is really a slap in the face to protesters and organizers of previous generations. Also, so many of the individual protesters are viewed and treated solely as pawns.

Unfortunately the U.S. and NGOs have a long history of using Proxy Warriors.

Hopefully these are heartfelt protests.

It's also my right in the face of stupid "f#*k trump" chants to call them complete idiots and only doing severe damage to their beliefs and cause. Theyre idiots.

They most definitely are. I would say groups like BLM swung some votes in favor of Trump. Not easy to hide from the population and especially the rural and suburban.

This unfortunately, is a result of how he conducted his campaign. So far, I haven't seen anything out of line. They are peaceful. They aren't hurting anyone.

They will go away and calm down after a while. However, depending on how he conducts himself in office, there is a chance this will be a common theme over the next 4 years.

As much as some want to ridicule these protesters, these are people he needs to reach out to and win over.

Hnm blame Trump for causing protests of him? That's twisted.

So you're telling me Supreme Court decisions can be overturned when a new president takes over or when a new judge takes over? Whats the point in making these decisions if they can just be changed over and over every time a new judge/president is appointed? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Yeah, they finally got off their ass because for once in their life they lost a contest and didn't even get a participation trophy; and they can't handle it.

• Fire 2

They should be protesting, keep doing it, over and over. Let people see that no rights are being take away, let people see that things are just fine. This is a good thing.

In a year or so when the people protesting look back on social media and see that they were on the ground crying or yelling hateful things or burning flags but now realize that they still have all their rights and that things are going pretty darn well they will feel like they have either been heard and made a difference or they will feel like it was never as bad as they feared things would be.

Either way it is a good thing for them.

Yep, +1

Life will go on, and their responsibilites will change! Growing up and accepting what is, is something all generations have had to do and will continue to do.

This unfortunately, is a result of how he conducted his campaign. So far, I haven't seen anything out of line. They are peaceful. They aren't hurting anyone.

They will go away and calm down after a while. However, depending on how he conducts himself in office, there is a chance this will be a common theme over the next 4 years.

As much as some want to ridicule these protesters, these are people he needs to reach out to and win over.

I disagree as it is a result of two things. How the media unfairly covered him and the pure ignorance of those who are protesting. You can't reach out and talk to ignorant people who won't listen in the first place. The only thing that needs to change is that these protesters need to grow up. I mean the entire left is embarrassing themselves from the "celebrities" to the leftist media and then the ignorant masses.

He made this bed himself and people are upset the media reported it.

Are you saying that if Hillary would have won and she made a great speech, you would have stopped hating her and embraced her?

There is a difference between reporting it and the sh#t show they did. They coverage was very unfair as the liberal media was in the tank for her. They didn't spend any time talking about her flaws, they just hammered him 24-7. Not saying he didn't deserve some of it because he said some stupid sh#t, but if they are going to be hard on him, then they need to be equally hard on her and that was far from the case.

No, I still would think that she is the most corrupt person to ever win office, but I wouldn't be out protesting and saying that I am going to leave the country (kind of hard, I am already stationed in South Korea) just because someone I didn't like won the election. I wanted Obama to be a good president so he could bring the country together, once it became obvious that he was going to be one of the worst and created the worst division in our country since the 60's I didn't throw a fit, he was still my commander in chief. You live with it.

While watching ABC it was over the top obvious how in the bag they were for Clinton, the didn't even try to hide it. That is fine, but if they are going to be the propaganda arm of the Democratic party, I'd just like for them to admit it, not act like they are an unbiased news source.

Second, these people have the right to peacefully protest, but isn't it too little, too late?

Third, yeah the f@#k Trump cries, etc. they really don't do their image any good.

• Fire 1

I hear a lot of criticism (not specifically from this board, just as a general statement) towards 'millenials' for being lazy, entitled, keyboard social justice warriors. Then I hear criticism when they actually get off their ass over something they don't believe in.

I'm not one who is going to protest this, but I encourage anyone who believes passionately about something to exercise their right to do so and I support it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Yeah, they finally got off their ass because for once in their life they lost a contest and didn't even get a participation trophy; and they can't handle it.

This is a pretty sophomoric non-response, but who gave the participation trophies?

• Fire 2

As long as these people dont break any laws who cares?

The only thing I find a little funny is that some of the Omaha people had signs to stop hate and for love to win, yet they were standing right next to someone holding a sign saying F*CK TRUMP. Maybe Im off base but doesnt one contradict the other?

Ah, yep. Agreed.

that's a pretty wide brush that has no basis in reality.