Trump's America

zoogs

Full transcript. Amazing to read. You can see where the prepared speech lines are and then he just goes off on the rambling tangents about whatever.

A couple of my favorites

TRUMP: Secretary Tom Price is also here today. Dr. Price still lives the Scout oath, helping to keep millions of Americans strong and healthy as our secretary of Health and Human Services. And he's doing a great job. And hopefully he's going to gets the votes tomorrow to start our path toward killing this horrible thing known as Obamacare that's really hurting us.
(APPLAUSE)
CROWD: USA! USA! USA!
TRUMP: By the way, are you going to get the votes? He better get them. He better get them. Oh, he better. Otherwise I'll say, "Tom, you're fired." I'll get somebody.
(APPLAUSE)
He better get Senator Capito to vote for it. He better get the other senators to vote for it. It's time.
You know, after seven years of saying repeal and replace Obamacare we have a chance to now do it. They better do it. Hopefully they'll do it.
As we can see just by looking at our government, in America, Scouts lead the way. And another thing I've noticed -- and I've noticed it all my life -- there is a tremendous spirit with being a Scout, more so than almost anything I can think of. So whatever is going on, keep doing it. It's incredible to watch, believe me.

TRUMP: In life, I always tell this to people, you have to know whether or not you continue to have the momentum. And if you don't have it, that's OK. Because you're going to go on, and you're going to learn and you're going to do things that are great. But you have to know about the word "momentum."
But the big thing, never quit, never give up; do something you love. When you do something you love as a Scout, I see that you love it. But when you do something that you love, you'll never fail. What you're going to do is give it a shot again and again and again. You're ultimately going to be successful.
And remember this, you're not working. Because when you're doing something that you love, like I do -- of course I love my business, but this is a little bit different. Who thought this was going to happen. We're, you know, having a good time. We're doing a good job.
(APPLAUSE)
Doing a good job. But when you do something that you love, remember this, it's not work. So you'll work 24/7. You're going to work all the time. And at the end of the year you're not really working. You don't think of it as work. When you're not doing something that you like or when you're forced into do something that you really don't like, that's called work, and it's hard work, and tedious work.
So as much as you can do something that you love, work hard and never ever give up, and you're going to be tremendously successful, tremendously successful.
(APPLAUSE)
Now, with that, I have to tell you our economy is doing great. Our stock market has picked up since the election, November 8th -- do we remember that day? Was that a beautiful day?
(APPLAUSE)
What a day.
Do you remember that famous night on television, November 8th where they said, these dishonest people, where they said, there is no path to victory for Donald Trump. They forgot about the forgotten people.
By the way, they're not forgetting about the forgotten people anymore. They're going crazy trying to figure it out, but I told them, far too late; it's far too late.
But you remember that incredible night with the maps, and the Republicans are red and the Democrats are blue, and that map was so red it was unbelievable. And they didn't know what to say.
(APPLAUSE) And you know, we have a tremendous disadvantage in the Electoral College. Popular vote is much easier. We have -- because New York, California, Illinois, you have to practically run the East Coast. And we did. We won Florida. We won South Carolina. We won North Carolina. We won Pennsylvania.
(APPLAUSE)
We won and won. So when they said, there is no way to victory; there is no way to 270. You know I went to Maine four times because it's one vote, and we won. We won. One vote. I went there because I kept hearing we're at 269. But then Wisconsin came in. Many, many years. Michigan came in.
(APPLAUSE)
So -- and we worked hard there. You know, my opponent didn't work hard there, because she was told...
(BOOING)
She was told she was going to win Michigan, and I said, well, wait a minute. The car industry is moving to Mexico. Why is she going to move -- she's there. Why are they allowing it to move? And by the way, do you see those car industry -- do you see what's happening? They're coming back to Michigan. They're coming back to Ohio. They're starting to peel back in.
(APPLAUSE)
And we go to Wisconsin, now, Wisconsin hadn't been won in many, many years by a Republican. But we go to Wisconsin, and we had tremendous crowds. And I'd leave these massive crowds, I'd say, why are we going to lose this state?
The polls, that's also fake news. They're fake polls. But the polls are saying -- but we won Wisconsin.
(APPLAUSE)
So I have to tell you, what we did, in all fairness, is an unbelievable tribute to you and all of the other millions and millions of people that came out and voted for make America great again.

Reading this whole story makes me sick. We have a sicko in the WH and somehow it has to be changed. He's talking or implying orgies in his story to the Boy Scouts.

The guy has no sense of what is appropriate. It is one thing to have policy differences wt Pres Obama but it is wholly inappropriate for him to encourage the Boy Scouts

to boo the former president. What an a..

http://www.avclub.com/article/donald-trump-makes-boy-scouts-chant-him-regales-th-258535

• Fire 2

Pretty vanilla response to the feedback they're getting. Very sad that this man is going to take down a institution like this that has helped many boys (like the homophobia should have taken it down a notch, but I digress)

If that's all they have to say about the speech then it looks like I've bought my last box of sh**ty popcorn.

• Fire 3

I have no problem with their statement and in no way did they say..."We stand by Trump". They are trying to stay out of the political mess we find ourselves in and this statement did that.

It's a tradition to invite the POTUS. They did that, he made an ass out of himself and the BSA is moving on like they should.

We are powerless to stop what we are seeing.

Keep Trump and people like him in power, and the US of A will become exactly what they want it to become -- all our anguished gnashing of teeth notwithstanding.

From those FB page comments, "Trump Youth" seems an accurate descriptor.

• Fire 2

I have no problem with their statement and in no way did they say..."We stand by Trump". They are trying to stay out of the political mess we find ourselves in and this statement did that.

It's a tradition to invite the POTUS. They did that, he made an ass out of himself and the BSA is moving on like they should.

What they should do is denounce. What they did instead is stand by it. All of it.

"Nothing unusual to see here. This was all normal."

But they won't denounce -- because they do not want to. This is who and what they are. Good for them.

• Fire 1

Bull.......

If I had a kid in BSA, I would want them to distance themselves from the political mess. That's what they are trying to do. They have a tradition of inviting every President. By NOT inviting Trump, that would be viewed as taking a political side and they would be criticized. By denouncing him they would be criticized. OBVIOUSLY....by NOT denouncing him he is being criticized.

The BSA was in a no win situation here and the kids in the organization are going to end up being in the middle of it which is total BS.

They did the right thing by simply making this statement and moving on.

Nobody has suggested they should have not invited Trump. We are talking solely about their response.

The BSA is in a situation where they have a choice. You could call this no win, certainly, in that whichever way they went, a certain set of people would criticize them. Trump has placed a great deal of American institutions in this no-win position: smile politely and insist this is all business as usual, or take the extraordinary step of condemning his outrageous actions. It's not an easy choice. I understand why organizations would bend.

They chose Trump.

• Fire 2

"Falling in"?

I'm happy to call out groups that bend the knee to Trump. We should be clear-eyed about what they are doing -- lest we blithely go forward carrying delusions that "America's institutions are strong" while watching Trump wield the power and prestige of the Presidency to such great effect.

They're not weak, but neither is Trump.

Why are you so averse to criticizing the BSA? Would you have criticized them if they denounced Trump? For what reason should the BSA be given deference or benefit of the doubt?