Trump's America

zoogs

No, you are saying that every organization must take a stand against Trump or they are supporting him.

What I'm saying is that I'm OK with some organizations stepping back and not getting involved if not doing that takes away from their main purpose.....kids.

You then somehow came up with the idea that because I believe that, I must some how support Trump (but you are confused because you know I don't).

No, you are saying that every organization must take a stand against Trump or they are supporting him.

What I'm saying is that I'm OK with some organizations stepping back and not getting involved if not doing that takes away from their main purpose.....kids.

You then somehow came up with the idea that because I believe that, I must some how support Trump (but you are confused because you know I don't).

Didn't they get involved when they allowed him to take the stage?

(edit) and honestly they don't have to take a stand against him, but they should take a stand against the comments and themes he said from the stage at their event if it doesn't align to their vision and standards.

I think the key here is that this is an organization that prides itself on zero political motivations. That prides itself on creating young citizens with high moral character and regard for others. And that's its an audience of young, impressionable, immature listeners. The parents that put them in there and the folks that are leaders and etc did so thinking it was a safe, apolitical environment to learn life skills and traits. He blew it out of the water last night.

• Fire 5

How about instead of the BSA "taking sides" in politics, they just reinforce the Scout's Law?

A Scout is:
Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.
Donald Trump is demonstrably none of those things, and his speech speaks directly against what they say they value.
  • Fire 3

NM hit it already, but the BSA gave up the ability to be apolitical when they let the President give a rally. They can't step back and not be involved because they're already involved.

The BSA can choose to be all about their values, or choose to be all about avoiding criticism of the President under any circumstances.

They chose the latter. Thus, it's clear what is above all their "main" purpose.

Not every organization has really been put to this test, or even out themselves in the position to be tested like this. The BSA did, and responded in a revealing way of their choosing.

To say that this conversation is me calling you a Trump supporter really obfuscates the point. Clearly you are not.

• Fire 1

Trump's approval by state. I can't find the actual state numbers, but Nebraska is somewhere between 50% and 53% because the list the top 10 states and Idaho is #10 at 53%.

t54hpglii02p4zjceg6dxw.png

I'd say our best hope is that light green segment of the Rust Belt or upper Midwest (WI, IA, MI, OH, PA) and FL continues to sour on him. The rest of the Midwest looks lost.

The failure to condemn is the act to condone.

Seriously? :facepalm:

Did you really want them too come out against Trump, and chance damaging their organization (or damaging participation across the country). I dislike Trump as much as anybody, but I have zero problem with NATIONAL organizations taking the bi-partisan approach for the sake of said organization's interests. What would they gain from it? What could they lose?

Edit: In no way am I defending his speech. It was embarrassing for the country, and he looked like a f'n idiot....