Trump's America

zoogs

And to see the flurry in posts from them this afternoon. I hope someone takes advantage of the secure ways to share info that Intercept, WaPo and others have offered.

AND ... all tweets the Badlands put out today have been deleted.

censorship at its finest. this is the new america we live in

• Fire 1

I would have liked the tweets to stay up, but no employer is going to allow tweets that mock the CEO to stay on their site. Those were destined to come down the moment they went up.

they don't mention trump at all. just stating scientific facts. but we know that alt facts are in charge now

• Fire 1

I honestly hope more people have the courage to stand up to them like this.

Pulling this administration away from its worst, most destructive impulses is going to be an exercise that we're all going to have to participate in. It's going to take some cajones, because heads will probably roll. But the fact that it's the right thing to do, as opposed to pledging blind allegiance to Comrade Trump, means it is still worth doing.

Pulling this administration away from its worst, most destructive impulses is going to be an exercise that we're all going to have to participate in. It's going to take some cajones, because heads will probably roll. But the fact that it's the right thing to do, as opposed to pledging blind allegiance to Comrade Trump, means it is still worth doing.

So what can we do? Honest absolutely non-cynical question - I'm calling my public officials, sending post cards and letters to my congress and senate members, marching in protest, donating to ACLU and PP as well as others locally - what are you all doing that I can join? What can we be doing better or more of?

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump's orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees. Another order will block visas from being issued to those from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

Link

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump's orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees. Another order will block visas from being issued to those from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

Link

Get used to the bold. Trump's going to fire anyone who leaks information he doesn't want released, and we're going to get a LOT of anonymous sources - and that's not a good thing for now or for future administrations.

So what can we do? Honest absolutely non-cynical question - I'm calling my public officials, sending post cards and letters to my congress and senate members, marching in protest, donating to ACLU and PP as well as others locally - what are you all doing that I can join? What can we be doing better or more of?

That's pretty much all the stuff I think one should be doing. You also subscribed to good media outlets, so you're supporting strong journalism as well.

Other than that, I don't know what the more the average person could be doing. Hopefully some right minded folks will heed the call to run for office themselves and be able to flush out some of the bad actors in Washington right now.

The only other thing I'd mention is that people can ask their reps in Congress when they'll be doing town halls so you can meet them and voice your concerns in person. But we're all busy and I don't know how feasible that is for everybody.

Your list is a great starting point!