Trump's America

zoogs

Now more than ever we need Stephe and Jon. It's just not the same...

Yeah, I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I'd even get cable back if they'd go back to doing their shows, or if there was anything comparable on now. Trevor Noah just isn't interesting to me, and the writing has totally changed on that show.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I'd even get cable back if they'd go back to doing their shows, or if there was anything comparable on now. Trevor Noah just isn't interesting to me, and the writing has totally changed on that show.
I can honestly say I've never sat down to watched it, but the clips I've seen aren't that funny.

I appreciate how Colbert, despite his new platform, doesn't pull his punches when it comes to Trump. He can't do what Sam Bee does, but I love that he constantly blasts Trump as ludicrous to a very wide national audience.

I guess I'm in the minority. I never have found any of these guys enjoyable to watch/listen to on a regular basis. Sure, every once in a while I would see a link to something Stewart or Colbert did that I enjoyed watching. But, a constant dose of it.....not my cup of tea.

Back when the Daily Show was a must-watch for me, it was because of Jon Stewart. Even then there were better and worse shows; you can't really control the news cycle or the guest selection...but this is true for any TV show I follow. Stewart consistently delivered incisive and valuable commentary. While I didn't always agree, I usually wanted to hear his take.

Lately I'm reduced to keeping tabs once in a while on youtube (I blame the quality of the CBS web streaming site). I don't think that takes away from what any of them do, though. I hope their audiences stay strong so that I can continue to get occasional youtube clips.

John Oliver is the one guy that I think has really transcended everyone. He's in a category all of his own, partly because his format is not nightly, and that allows him to do a deep dive in everything he chooses to talk about.

• Fire 2