Trump's America

zoogs

40 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

@Archy1221 I recognize the right to challenge the process where they believe there were irregularities or cases of voter/election fraud. But just the belief will not win you a court case. There has to be verifiable evidence. There have been republican officials in these key states where the law suits are filed who have stated there have been no irregularities.

The other thing is you do not have the right as the sitting President of the United States of America to reach out and ask those in positions of power overturn elections. You can't ask that the majority vote getter in each state not receive their state ruled electorates. 

I believe Trump did a great job of building his brand. He now enjoys a wider appeal with a segment of the population. The schadefreude occurring now is only hurting him with the more centrist/moderate members of the GOP.

I said exactly this point.  Why are you pointing at me when saying this?   Not sure much clearer I can be on this question.  

he lost.

he can bring a challenge to the election 

he needs to have evidence if he does so

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I said exactly this point.  Why are you pointing at me when saying this?   Not sure much clearer I can be on this question.  

he lost.

he can bring a challenge to the election 

he needs to have evidence if he does so

I was quoting you because I agree with this sentiment. Essentially challenge it but bring evidence.

I was pointing out the continued influence POTUS is trying to exert on state legislators and electors. That needs to stop. NOW! Wouldn't you agree?

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I was quoting you because I agree with this sentiment. Essentially challenge it but bring evidence.

I was pointing out the continued influence POTUS is trying to exert on state legislators and electors. That needs to stop. NOW! Wouldn't you agree?

And then threatening state officials to not organize against his lawsuit.

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That is just unbelievable to me.  We have what so many people in America believe is the master negotiator as President.  He destroys trade agreements and throws us into all of this tariff crap that he totally lies to the American public about (China is paying them).  And....we end up being worse off than we were before.

Why can't his supporters see this and understand it?

@Archy1221 Care to comment?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is just unbelievable to me.  We have what so many people in America believe is the master negotiator as President.  He destroys trade agreements and throws us into all of this tariff crap that he totally lies to the American public about (China is paying them).  And....we end up being worse off than we were before.

Why can't his supporters see this and understand it?

@Archy1221 Care to comment?

Sure, I will do my best.

1) Any article that uses an economic end point that is during the middle of a 100 yr pandemic and mass government shutdowns seems to have an narrative and agenda in mind.  Should have stopped at Q4 2019 to make their point or POSSIBLY Q1 since most of the quarter was pre-pandemic outbreak.

2) Trade policy...you don’t change decades of trade policy for the better by just snapping your fingers.  I don’t mind that the US was being harsh win China and they were trying to do the same.  Taking 1 step backwards to go two steps forward is fine policy.  Look at the Pre-pandemic Trajectory.   It was a long game to change our stupid trade policy and unfortunately media narratives are based on election cycles.

3) monetary policy....Trump has NEVER been a fiscal hawk.  He actually falls in line with pretty much every Republican politician in that none of them really care about the deficit.  Republicans love to bloviate about it and then pass every budget imaginable that increases the deficit while saying “next time we will get to the deficit”.  Or they care about talking deficit when a Dem is President.
That said, our monetary Fed policy was going to wind down in 2021-22 absent the Pandemic and the deficit charge would probably be better than when Trump took over based on the rate of deposits into the Treasury.  

4). There are things Trump wanted to do in regards to Trade that Congress blocked and that is ok because he is not a king and doesn’t get to put into affect everything he wants just cause he is President.  So Trade and Monetary don’t just sit with President solely.  We don’t want to live in a system where it does. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1) Any article that uses an economic end point that is during the middle of a 100 yr pandemic and mass government shutdowns seems to have an narrative and agenda in mind.  Should have stopped at Q4 2019 to make their point or POSSIBLY Q1 since most of the quarter was pre-pandemic outbreak.

Sure looks to me like it got worse under Trump.  It had just gotten back to where it was when he took office when the pandemic hit.  So, I fail to see how it was so great before the pandemic.

And....nothing about the total f#&%ing lies about China paying the tariffs?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure looks to me like it got worse under Trump.  It had just gotten back to where it was when he took office when the pandemic hit.  So, I fail to see how it was so great before the pandemic.

And....nothing about the total f#&%ing lies about China paying the tariffs?

You must have missed the words where I said take a step backward to go two steps forward.   It’s in the post somewhere.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You must have missed the words where I said take a step backward to go two steps forward.   It’s in the post somewhere.  

Nope, didn't miss that at all.  I however, don't see how destroying all of our relationships around the world is a meaningful step backwards. Contrary to popular belief, acting like such an a$$ hole that you're the laughing stock of the world.....isn't a step back to make a giant leap forward.

We've just done so much winning since Trump took office that I can't stand it anymore.

• Plus1 2