Trump's America

zoogs

The Justice Dept. is suing Facebook for hiring people with H1B visas when there were qualified Americans they should have hired.

I wonder if there is anything to this. Most/all of the time when it comes to Trump and immigrants, there is not. I know a lot of people with H1Bs and and it is harder for them to get jobs because the law is that if there are equally qualified candidates you hire the American. Additionally it is more expensive to hire someone with an H1B because they tend to not work for you if you aren't sponsoring their H1B. I don't understand why Facebook would go out of their way to hire people with H1B over qualified Americans. It's illegal and it costs more. Are there benefits to doing so that I'm missing? Are they paying them a lot less (more than enough to make up for the extra cost of sponsoring them) ? Just trying to figure out what the motive would possibly be.

@Archy1221 If you haven't noticed, Trump is in the middle of some very newsworthy things during this transition.  

A normal person could have at least said, "I'll be happy to answer your questions later, but now we are here to talk about the award ceremony and the recipient."

But you know, since he doesn't actually talk to the reporters anymore, this is their only chance to ask these questions.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

@funhuskeri agree that the way you phrased an answer would have been the better way to go and a fine way to handle the press.  

However, a normal press would not have asked that question during a medal ceremony.  

and it’s not just this case for me either.  It was infuriating when Trump would have other Heads of State in for other matters and most of the questions he would get would be on Russia or Mueller.  Maybe he is just fed up with it too at this point.  

• Plus1 2