Repealing the ACA under Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/15/opinions/cruz-amendment-smart-policy-moore/index.html

Stephen Moore is an economic adviser to Freedom Works and a CNN economic analyst. He served as a senior economic adviser to the Trump campaign. The views expressed are his own

This is so wrongheaded I don't know where to start.

It's also worrisome to me that the President's #fakenews campaign carries such apparent power that outlets will inevitably bend to their will -- which in this case, entails becoming part-time mouthpieces for the administration in addition to their regular coverage.

I mean, I'd be interested to see the changes under W as well, but I don't see what's wrong with showing the standard ten year window the CBO uses for analysis of these bills. And it started with the passage of the ACA. Fair scale, IMO.

Big news. McCain is recovering after blood clot surgery for the next week, so McConnell has been forced to delay the vote.

Tough news for him, since he tried sending the Cruz Amendment to the CBO later than the rest of the bill itself, probably hoping they wouldn't have time to analyze it...

Oh, McCain's in the "pro" camp?

Such a maverick, that guy. How uncharacteristic of him!

That was my exact thought when I saw this. He should have already been a no.

That said:

"The revised Senate health care bill released today does not include the measures I have been advocating for on behalf of the people of Arizona," he said in a statement Thursday. McCain said that he would file amendments that would address concerns of leaders from his state about how the bill would affect Medicaid.

But the initial vote is to take it to the floor ... that's where the amendments would be made. There are LOTS of rumbles that Mcconnell is promising that folks will have a chance to address their concerns with amendments, but that he'll speed things up and not let them be considered. I'll see if I can find the article, but essentially it's why some are concerned about saying "yes" to the vote.

If you have 3 mins today, call or RESISTBOT your reps to urge bipartisan revision of the ACA rather than repeal and the horrible bill that they've got coming to Senate for a vote. ... easy to follow script is below so it really takes nothing but you dialing, giving your zip/location and reading:

View: Summary of new (as of 7-14) Senate healthcare provisions.

Senators:

Call: Your two senators (lookup or leave message).

Script: Hi. I’m calling to oppose the new Senate healthcare bill. If premiums increase 40%, I will be paying $[amt] per month. My family/I cannot afford this. Without insurance… (share impact and use emotion.) I am asking Sen. [name] to work with Democrats to fix the ACA, not repeal it. Thank you.

House Rep:

Call: Your one House Rep (lookup or leave message).

Script: Hi. I’m calling from [ZIP] to express my support for House Democrats’ new efforts to fix the ACA. Republicans’ efforts to dismantle the ACA and constant changes are making insurance more expensive and the industry less stable. Will [name] work with moderate Democrats to put solutions over politics?