Repealing the ACA under Trump

I am confused on something that keeps being said.

People are claiming the subsidies are changing from income based to age based.

That confuses me.

So, is it that as people get older they get more subsidies ore less? What logic goes into putting subsidies based on age?

From what I've seen the worst age range is 55-64, so I think it must curve down again after that. Which is still horrible - there should be no curve downward unless its related to cost paid out of pocket by age.

I am confused on something that keeps being said.

People are claiming the subsidies are changing from income based to age based.

That confuses me.

So, is it that as people get older they get more subsidies ore less? What logic goes into putting subsidies based on age?

Older folks will get more in tax credits than will younger ones. I believe it scales from $2000 annually for the youngest age bracket to $4000 annually.

However, the structure of the bill is such that the premium increases on that older crowd will be disproportionate to the size of the credits. So, although they're given the most in credit value of any age bracket, their premiums are going to become the most unaffordable and the credits don't go as far. Hence, Knapp's article in post #268 saying they're going to see the largest increase in premiums.

The ACA also scaled it's assistance based on where you lived to help tailor aid needs regionally. This bill does away with that aspect.

Well, using the interactive map linked above, someone living in my county making $30,000 per year are as follows:

27 from 4,490 to 2,000

40 from 6,020 to 3,000

60 from 15,560 to 4,000

So, someone who is 60 years old, is losing $11,560 in subsidies per year.

And....there is NOTHING in this bill that will lower costs other than allowing people to buy across state lines. That doesn't do jack sh#t.

With Trump just coming out and admitting how complicated healthcare is, why would they think this is a good idea? If their plan isn't the bigger one, this is going to backfire on them.

Here i something very important about this argument and image the administration is trying to put out.

That's one big fat lie/misinformation.

The administration can't completely repeal the ACA because they don't have 60 votes in the Senate. So, they can only legally affect certain parts of the bill. What is in the little pile on the table is simply the legislation that changes the big bill. It doesn't REPLACE the big bill. So....much of what is in the big bill is still going to be there. So....in essence, you would need to combine the two piles on the table.