Why is Donald Trump a racist?

NUance

Okay, I don't post much in the P&R forum. And to be honest I don't really follow politics very closely (—mostly because it seems like very few, if any, politicians are honest). But these last couple of days—whew! A lot of people are all up in arms claiming that Donald Trump is a racist. So will someone explain to me why people think he's a racist?

Is Trump a racist because of The Wall? Is it because of other policies in his campaign platform? Is it because of things he's said? Is it because some of his constituency are racist? Is it because he is a wealthy white male? I am opening this dialog because I have a very hard time believing that someone elected to be president is actually a racist.

There's a huge backlog of racially incendiary stuff he has said going back a long time. I don't have time to post it, but I'm sure others will get around to it.

Here's a start. He was sued by the DOJ in the 1970s for racial discrimination in his and his father's rental policies. They didn't rent to black people. They settled but IIRC he later got in trouble with the DOJ again for doing the same thing.

On the morning of Oct. 15, 1973, a Justice Department official reached Donald Trump on the telephone. It was a courtesy call, the official would later say in court papers. The Justice Department then issued a news release that said the Trumps violated the law “by refusing to rent and negotiate rentals with blacks, requiring different rental terms and conditions because of race, and misrepresenting that apartments were not available.”

The legal team went after the claims that Trump employees used coded language to refer to minorities. This case had originated in part from one employee, who told the government that he was instructed to mark rental applications from blacks with the letter “C” for “colored,” and that “he did this every time a black person applied for an apartment,” according to an affidavit from Goldweber. The employee said he didn’t want to be identified in the case because “he was afraid that the Trumps would have him ‘knocked off,’ or words to that effect, because he told me about their allegedly discriminatory practices,” according to the affidavit.

• Fire 4

Btw, no one denies there is racism but it is a tool to distract from the real issues.

Hillary said it herself and the Bernie Bros and everyone else killed her for it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/13/clinton-in-nevada-not-everything-is-about-an-economic-theory/

"Not everything is about an economic theory, right?" Clinton asked her audience of a few hundred activists, most of them wearing T-shirts from the unions that had promoted the rally. "If we broke up the big banks tomorrow — and I will, if they deserve it, if they pose a systemic risk, I will — would that end racism?"

"No!" shouted her audience.

"Would that end sexism?"

"No!"

"Would that end discrimination against the LGBT community?"

"No!"

This is code for, "I'm supported by the big banks(Like Goldman Sachs) to make sure racism is at the forefront of your mind."

everyone look over here. over here. gun control. See? gun control. over here. No dont look over there. There's no gun issue there. it's over there. the real problem. Here gun control. *proceeds to slide a bunch of unknown sh#t under the table and not a damn thing done about guns*

Ok. over here. health care. We're dealing with health care here. gonna be free, so pay attention. health care for everyone. exciting, aint it?. see **god knows what other sh#t is in that umpteen thousand page disgrace**

• Fire 1

Donald Trump wants to (at least "wanted" to) monitor places of worship because of the religion practiced there. He wants to return Marriage Equality to the states, the only reason for that is so it can be eliminated. He wants to "stop and frisk" and perform unconstitutional laws in predominantly black neighborhoods; he also equates "blacks" to "inner city people". He commented that a grieving mother wouldn't talk because her husband wouldn't let her, because he presumably thinks all Muslims are like that. He was sued for not renting to qualified black people. He said a person couldn't be fair because of Mexican heritage. He commented on how he hates black men counting his money, he'd rather have a Jewish person do it.

The real question is, and I'm generally curious because this isn't the first time I've seen Nuance's question, how have people NOT seen or heard why people feel Donald Trump has in fact shown behavior (and shown it very publicly) that can be called bigoted? Not to mention his hesitation in renouncing David Duke's endorsement and other white supremacist organizations.

disclaimer: I'm not a fan of the election results, but they are the results. He is our new President and I hope he does a lot of good things. Protesting won't keep him from taking office. But people have many reasons for the uncertainty they are feeling in their hearts right now, and saying they need to "shut up" doesn't make that fear go away. I believe that "fear" would be better served to organize the local level to elect people in two years that will keep him in check.

• Fire 3

He literally called Mexicans 'rapists' in his campaign announcement.

Wow. Well that seems racist all right. Did he really say that? I mean, sure, a fair percentage of illegals from Mexico are probably criminals. Like the ones smuggling drugs. But suspect the percentage of drug smugglers is fairly small. I think most illegal immigrants sneak across the border to get jobs.

Btw, no one denies there is racism but it is a tool to distract from the real issues.

Hillary said it herself and the Bernie Bros and everyone else killed her for it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/13/clinton-in-nevada-not-everything-is-about-an-economic-theory/

"Not everything is about an economic theory, right?" Clinton asked her audience of a few hundred activists, most of them wearing T-shirts from the unions that had promoted the rally. "If we broke up the big banks tomorrow — and I will, if they deserve it, if they pose a systemic risk, I will — would that end racism?"

"Would that end sexism?"

"No!"

"No!"

This is code for, "I'm supported by the big banks(Like Goldman Sachs) to make sure racism is at the forefront of your mind."

So Trumps racist past (and present actions) are just a 'tool' to distract Americans from the 'real' issues?????!!!!!! WTF????!!!!!

You sir are the pure definition of the Delusional with a capital D Trump supporter as well as person....

Let someone make this very clear for you. Trumps past (and present) exhibitions of blatant racism are not a tool my friend. They happened and are exactly who he is and what he represents. Yep. That's the guy you voted for and support. You must be proud eh?

Unreal.

• Fire 1

"Would that end sexism?"

"No!"

"No!"

So Trumps racist past (and present actions) are just a 'tool' to distract Americans from the 'real' issues?????!!!!!! WTF????!!!!!

You sir are the pure definition of the Delusional with a capital D Trump supporter as well as person....

Let someone make this very clear for you. Trumps past (and present) exhibitions of blatant racism are not a tool my friend. They happened and are exactly who he is and what he represents. Yep. That's the guy you voted for and support. You must be proud eh?

Unreal.

You're dodging....I never mentioned Trump or his racism in this post. I don't know the man but I do know that racism and sexism is a old fashioned way of discrediting someone. For example, CNN acting like Puritans when "Discovering" that Donald Trump went on the Howard Stern show and discussed Sexual Things! OH the Outrage!

This is the kind of person who is entertained to death listening to ditto heads and too much tv and doesn't exercise critical thinking.

Answer, these questions...

Was Clinton's response a dodge?

Why did Oprah have Trump on her show all those times?

Why did the Far Right network NBC employ Trump for all those years?

Why does no one care that that Far Right Network employed Howard Stern all those years? Go on and find the audio of him ridiculing Mexicans( Youtube and search: 'Howard Stern and Selina').

He literally called Mexicans 'rapists' in his campaign announcement.

Wow. Well that seems racist all right. Did he really say that? I mean, sure, a fair percentage of illegals from Mexico are probably criminals. Like the ones smuggling drugs. But suspect the percentage of drug smugglers is fairly small. I think most illegal immigrants sneak across the border to get jobs.

Why are you asking these things now? Seems like something you should have looked into before the elections (especially if you voted for him).

"Would that end sexism?"

"No!"

"No!"

:laughpound ...or that a presidential platform cannot be based on a single issue (e.g., the economy). Economic theory is not an answer to issues associated with civil rights.

• Fire 1