Armstrong

I thought it was incredibly reckless for your coach to put Armstrong in the game, but I guess it worked out for the fans. Congratulations on the win. Armstrong is a great player, no doubt about it.

In the sport I work in, boxing, there's a rule that when a fighter loses by KO or TKO, they're automatically suspended from competition for 30 days. I think that if football (NFL and NCAA) was serious about brain health, there would be a similar rule for that sport. But there'd be some serious wailing then. In our cases, both Minnesota and Nebraska would have lost their QBs for stretches of this season.

I thought it was incredibly reckless for your coach to put Armstrong in the game, but I guess it worked out for the fans. Congratulations on the win. Armstrong is a great player, no doubt about it.

In the sport I work in, boxing, there's a rule that when a fighter loses by KO or TKO, they're automatically suspended from competition for 30 days. I think that if football (NFL and NCAA) was serious about brain health, there would be a similar rule for that sport. But there'd be some serious wailing then. In our cases, both Minnesota and Nebraska would have lost their QBs for stretches of this season.

Sigh....

It's not up to coaches, it is up to doctors. Please understand the protocol before posting about it.

Good game from you guys, hope you win out. Especially against Wisconsin.

• Fire 4

Tommy is a warrior! But all great warriors may fall. This man has been through so much but still faces such adversity. Does he see another down as QB? I would hope as much but the realist in me says otherwise. I think that despise how the team does here on out we come together and recognize that Tommy got us here...to the next game. Can we finish the next game?

Time will tell but I say yes, it is totally in the books. #GBR!

Sigh....

It's not up to coaches, it is up to doctors. Please understand the protocol before posting about it.

Good game from you guys, hope you win out. Especially against Wisconsin.

Don't condescend to me. I understand the protocol, but F the protocol. I understand some things about brain injuries, too, and I think the approach used in boxing is more sensible than the get 'em back on the field ASAP "protocol" used in NCAA football.

That seems like a good rule for boxing. If a boxer loses by KO then they probably took a lot of punches to the head throughout the fight. A little different from FB plus isn't 30 days between fights a normal amount of time anyway? Do they do any kind of evaluation or testing that would keep them out longer than 30 days?

Good game and best of luck the rest of the season.

Love your signature gopher with the hypnotic stare.

• Fire 2