What did we learn? Maryland edition

NUance

I'm telling you, Minnisota CAN beat Wisconsin. Legit upset alert.

What's really crazy is if that happens and we ..... lose to Iowa ..... there is a four-way tie for the West.

If that happens, it looks like Wisconsin would go to the Big Ten Championship game, as they would have only 1 West division loss, while the other 3 teams would have 2.

Great way for the seniors to go out - undefeated at home.Bruce Reed is the gift that keeps on giving.Maryland is horrible.When we call intelligent pass plays, even our backup can complete passes.Newby would be a best for an outside zone team.

Wait...I thought that was Herpes?

You nailed it. Read....the herps... one in the same

Westy = Boss

Newby played solid.

Fyfe got it done...good job as game was never in question.

FoFiddy solidified why he will be gone after this season. How this guy can continue to get worse amazes me. There is SO MUCH MORE we can do with that staff position.

Maryland was one of the worst teams I have watched this year.

I was a bit concerned about Hawkins announcing this game...but he surprised me and gave lots of props to us. "RPO, dude...RPO!!!" Hawk >>>>> Cunningham

At Iowa is a nail biter and last possession wins or loses it.

Fo Fiddy ain't going anywhere. He's Riley's boy.

I liked Hawk, but I didn't get all of his references to RPOs. I thought RPOs were run pass options, but most of those plays looked like they were pass plays, no QB run involved.

Westy = Boss

Newby played solid.

FoFiddy solidified why he will be gone after this season. How this guy can continue to get worse amazes me. There is SO MUCH MORE we can do with that staff position.

I was a bit concerned about Hawkins announcing this game...but he surprised me and gave lots of props to us. "RPO, dude...RPO!!!" Hawk >>>>> Cunningham

I liked Hawk, but I didn't get all of his references to RPOs. I thought RPOs were run pass options, but most of those plays looked like they were pass plays, no QB run involved.

RPO'S meant we are running inside zone with the OL and the RB, the wr were running a key screen, and fyfe would just take the ball and throw it bc we have numbers on the perimeter. It doesn't mean the qb has a chance to run or pass. Even though it can still result in a read option if the defense defends the perimeter

This was win 9 out of the 10 wins I thought they would get during the regular season. Riley has done exactly what most of us (even though a lot didn't want to admit it) thought. He has won, so far, all the games he should have won this season.

Next step is to keep on winning those and start pulling off some upsets...the third part is becoming the team that is favored each week.

This was win 9 out of the 10 wins I thought they would get during the regular season. Riley has done exactly what most of us (even though a lot didn't want to admit it) thought. He has won, so far, all the games he should have won this season.

Next step is to keep on winning those and start pulling off some upsets...the third part is becoming the team that is favored each week.

Yeah, I think the upsets will come. We've already had some good ones. No upsets this year, but we did take Wisconsin to overtime. And two of our last four games last season were upsets. Almost three.

We are playing top ten level defense and had we not lost three excellent DTs (early), we could be top five level.

I think if we had had those guys (even a couple of them frankly), we'd have won the Wiscy game and been headed to CCG and would have played atleast couple TDs closer to Ohio State.

To have a top ten level offense, we need about 7 4 star plus offensive linemen and a top notch FB which we would use about 20 plays a game or so. I am assuming with all the recruiting efforts that we will actually have two good (can run and pass block very well and also run and catch passes) TEs. (Cethan Carter types basically). Having is one is good but not top ten level.

Future QBs need to be able to throw a little better than Fyfe and Armstrong and run better than Fyfe (ideally run as well as Armstrong with a touch more speed or power).

Fyfe played like a solid third string Husker QB yesterday (very well in first half and not so much in second half).

If Tommy Armstrong had stayed perfectly healthy all year, he would have been atleast honorable mention All conference QB this year. Not sure he makes it now but if he has a great game vs Iowa (that means Nebraska wins the game btw), and Wiscy loses, the Huskers are blessed (uh or or cursed?) to go to Indy and play for 'all the Big Ten marbles'. I like our chances vs Penn State and maybe Michigan without their QB. I would simply suggest we forfeit vs Ohio State. They can be had but we just don't have the beef up front on both sides to play with them Buckies.

Westy = Boss

Newby played solid.

An RPO has a running element, along with the option to pass, It doesn't have to be QB run. But the way we do it, it's a give to the RB, or a pass. There were definitely a couple of newby runs that were an RPO.