Trump and the Press

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Eh.  It doesn't surprise me that Fox news went a long with it.  Imagine if they were the lone media outlet that went against this?  It would have destroyed all credibility of being fair and balanced that they have left, which is almost zero

There's also the chance that a Democrat gets elected in 2020, and if they don't support fellow journalists they could see themselves outside in the cold. I figure this has far more to do with self-preservation than solidarity.

14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Eh.  It doesn't surprise me that Fox news went a long with it.  Imagine if they were the lone media outlet that went against this?  It would have destroyed all credibility of being fair and balanced that they have left, which is almost zero

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's also the chance that a Democrat gets elected in 2020, and if they don't support fellow journalists they could see themselves outside in the cold. I figure this has far more to do with self-preservation than solidarity.

Both good points.  I take back the "wow" I gave them.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, the press is not on board with the Acosta ban. 

wow...no infowars? brietbart? rush blowhard?

fwiw....the fox  (real) news shows (shep) are fairly balanced....the fox nighttime entertainment and propaganda shows (hannity,carlson, judge janine, etc..) are the problem.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Do they have press credentials to the WH?  I hope not!

info wars did have credentials...although i think they don't have them anymore.   am pretty sure brietbart has credentials...but I could be wrong about that.  heck....Bannon was there and breitbart is his baby.

Just now, commando said:

info wars did have credentials...although i think they don't have them anymore.   am pretty sure brietbart has credentials...but I could be wrong about that.  heck....Bannon was there and breitbart is his baby.

I was just curious because it appeared to be a list of news outlets that actually have journalists at the WH.

7 hours ago, commando said:

wow...no infowars? brietbart? rush blowhard?

fwiw....the fox  (real) news shows (shep) are fairly balanced....the fox nighttime entertainment and propaganda shows (hannity,carlson, judge janine, etc..) are the problem.

You could say this about every news network really. Lemon, Madow, Mathews (if he's even on anymore), Hannity, Carlson, Dobs, pretty much every morning show. They're all garbage.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, ZRod said:

You could say this about every news network really. Lemon, Madow, Mathews (if he's even on anymore), Hannity, Carlson, Dobs, pretty much every morning show. They're all garbage.

I will admit Maddow is very anti-Republican.  But she at least does a lot of homework and always has a massive paper trail for her positions,  Now, many people could take the position that her claims are blown out of proportion...

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

I will admit Maddow is very anti-Republican.  But she at least does a lot of homework and always has a massive paper trail for her positions,  Now, many people could take the position that her claims are blown out of proportion...

Which I surely would take that position, see the Trump tax returns...

I have to say, I actually don't mind Anderson Cooper, but he gets too preachy and too caught up in scolding the right for my taste. Other than that, I can't think of a single evening talk show worth watching.