So frustrating when

Roll Skers

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Well, we were told by the Nebraska administration that 9-3 wasn't good enough and that's why the fired Bo.

So.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Well, we were told by the Nebraska administration that 9-3 wasn't good enough and that's why the fired Bo.

So.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well...that was after beating Iowa...remember? They had to evaluate where Iowa was as a program...after NU beat them.

No, it is not the Big Ten as such - Nebraska's problem is Nebraska. The refs didn't beat us badly today - Iowa just beat the hell out of us. We were NOT competitive in any way. We were taken out in the first quarter and never really made a serious threat to get back in it. I have been a big Riley fan but this one is hard to reconcile. The coaches did not prepare us and we SHOULD NEVER be without a decent, able bodied, QB who knows and can run our basic offense. Period. End of story. We are so thin at so many spots. I don't put all this on Riley as he really can't fix all the talent deficiency across the team.

Good grief - we don't even have a 'three deep chart' that is three deep of guys with D1 playing ability.

Barely have a 1 deep chart with a number of injured guys. This is just not f---- ing acceptable. There is NO excuse for a program of Nebraska's stature not having enough players to field a competitive team in multiple games in our conference.

This punting was pathetic today/tonight - I guess I don't put all the blame on Caleb as he is only a freshman and was thrown into the fire without a year's development. Yes, a car accident took out or superb senior to be but no excuse as he died in July, not in October. It doesn't take 4 months to find a decent punter from over 100 top football players on our team. Find another walk-on surely.

Again, just no excuse.

9-3 is most definately yuck when we lose to Ohio State and Iowa by a combined 89 points
I have no problem being outclassed by better talent...even blowouts...I expect to recruit and develop better and become competitive...but we are disgusting to warch...sloppy...where is the better play...the development?

That's the standard I'm not satisfied with...because it means 9 wins is the ceiling...

I love Tommies heart and passion but dadgumit I can't wait to get a qb that can make more than one read on a pass play.

^ +1,000

so glad that TA battled for 4 years, however it's time for a real QB. Can't believe Langs is getting crap give him 2 years with a QB that can see the field and we will know if we have an OC or not.

• Fire 1

GBRFAN, you attack Tommy Armstrong Jr. I read that. You want an NFL style passer i.e. Aaron Rodgers to lead this offense. I get that.

However, Aaron Rodgers types are few and far between ... So it would be difficult to say the least that the University of Nebraska could lure such an elite QB of that NFL caliber here.

I've always been enamored with our running QBs namely Turner Gill, Tommie Frazier, Steve Taylor, Scott Frost, Mickey Joseph, etc., etc.

And Tommy Armstrong Jr. is a good fit much in the Nebraska tradition.

What I saw differed from your opinion.

Iowa won today's game by dominating on both sides of the ball. They won today's game in the trenches. Our offensive and defensive line play was a sad one-sided affair. If we could dominate the line of scrimmage like we used to, then QB play wouldn't be the issue. Tommy threw nice strikes all game long, but when the offensive and defensive lines can't push and shove -- it makes it so hard to make up the difference. I think WR Jordan Westerkamp is one of the best receivers I've ever seen at Nebraska. It's such a crying shame that none of our current linemen can't have the same impact on today's game as past standouts like former offensive linemen had namely Eric Anderson, Steve Ott, Aaron Graham, Aaron Taylor, Zach Wiegert, Chris Dishman, Rob Zatechka, and Will Shields. We used to own the offensive line.

It's not a replacement at QB that you need, GBRFAN. You need to re-tool the offensive line man. Plain and Simple!!!!

People just saw how dark it can get last year, now we're supposed to be like "oh man just be happy with 9 wins don't even talk about firing another 9-3 coach"

We can definitely talk about firing a 9 win coach, but not after year 2. Pelini was given 7 years.

Why repeat the same mistakes?

remember when urban meyer was asked about coaching Nebraska? he said no because they fire 9-3 coaches there. so...what mistake should we not repeat?

People just saw how dark it can get last year, now we're supposed to be like "oh man just be happy with 9 wins don't even talk about firing another 9-3 coach"

We can definitely talk about firing a 9 win coach, but not after year 2. Pelini was given 7 years.

He may not get 7 years like Pelini to turn the corner but he should get time to build his program.

If we're still in the same place over the next few years then by all means make a move. Firing a coach after two years is silly unless it's a complete disaster.

remember when urban meyer was asked about coaching Nebraska? he said no because they fire 9-3 coaches there. so...what mistake should we not repeat?

I remember hearing that from people… But I never actually saw the quote... Do you have a link?

Do we all at least agree that Bruce Reed is terrible?

He has to go. I know we can all discuss the other coaches and it is very unlikely they are going anywhere, especially as they try to build offensive and defensive philosophies,. But Read has to go...every game the special teams is an absolute mess and it needs immediate fixing. I will be very disappointed in Riley's leadership if he doesn't upgrade this position and he can do it for way less. This needs to happen.

Do we all at least agree that Bruce Reed is terrible?

He has to go. I know we can all discuss the other coaches and it is very unlikely they are going anywhere, especially as they try to build offensive and defensive philosophies,. But Read has to go...every game the special teams is an absolute mess and it needs immediate fixing. I will be very disappointed in Riley's leadership if he doesn't upgrade this position and he can do it for way less. This needs to happen.

I don't have an issue with Read's salary, as I don't care if coaches make a lot of money. But I do have an issue when a guy is a dedicated ST coordinator, and there are so many mistakes made in that area of the game. I would expect those teams to be so well coached, but they aren't.

Big Tem move has sucked the life out of this proud tradition. However, as much as I hate the Big 10 myself, this move didnt lead to the slow free fall into mediocrity. This started the day TO retired. Solich was at least better than those who came after him. Callahan/Petersen killed this program, and its never truly recovered. Now, Riley who I think can game plan very well, can't make in game adjustments on either side of the ball. Talent in recruiting is getting better, but I don't that will ever make up for lack of coaching in game when the game plan gets changed up some.

Losing is one thing......getting ran out of the building twice in 3 weeks is not losing, its getting chin stomped. QB upgrade is needed. Linebacker upgrade is needed. Line play on both sides is needed. Too many holes to fix. The biggest thing that is needed on offense is a true down field threat at WR. A burner.

Maybe we should hire Bill Snyder. He at least will coach up and play a style of ball that matches his talent level and does what works.