Here you go boys, this is what it's come to...

Nebraska is a blue blood program. Top 5 in all time wins. Michigan hasn't won a national title since 1997, just like Nebraska. They are number one in all-time wins and their name, just like Nebraska will ALWAYS hold weight, even in down years before Harbaugh. The difference between Iowa and Nebraska is we do not settle for mediocrity. Coaches are held to a higher standard here. 7 wins here gets you fired. 7 wins at Iowa gets a 5 year contract extension. Nebraska has better fan support, better facilities, etc. Sorry the truth hurts, squakeye. Congrats on winning a few times against us in our down years.

• Fire 4

( LINK to pic removed from this post by NUance. F-bombs!)

From 2000 on we still have more wins than the Hawkeyes not to mention 1st place division finishes and/or ties.

Even with Callahan...yikes.

Haters gonna hate. But hey, whatever makes them feel better/relevant right?

(Oh snap now we're caught in the 00's!!)

Edited by NUance
Sea, You can't have F-Bombs outside the Shed.

Quick stat for all Iowa fans:

We have won 3 National Championships since the last time you won an outright conference title (with 9 years to spare). But we live in the past?

We have won 9+ games the last 8/10 seasons. Iowa has done that 3/10 seasons. I guess I still don't see a recent relevant argument. I know you guys are all jazzed up about beating us again, but come over with some more facts that make sense to help your argument besides a head to head win.

Iowa will never be able to keep consistency - they win 4 games, 5 games, then turn around and win 10. You are coming off a 12-2 season and will finish 8-5 (congrats). We were 6-7 last season and are ticking in the right direction at least (9-3).

• Fire 2

Iowa fans like to say Nebraska fans are holding onto the glory days and that we need to live in the present.

It's seriously their only defense against us. Okay, forget all of our histories before 2004. Is Iowa's seriously anything to write home about? I know they won one conference title in their somewhere, two maybe? They had a 12-0 season that ended 12-2 that they are still pretty jazzed about after losing a title game and a Rose. They have beaten us twice in Lincoln and once at Kinnick.

Wow, guess they were right. Iowa is clearly atop the mountain and we should bow down...

Good lord. It was just good-natured ribbing. The fact so many have to earnestly defend NU's dominance over Iowa is actually a bit embarrassing. Have a laugh and move on. Relax.

It's kind of like the dress thing. They'll argue over and over that it's gold and white because they're messed up in the head and have a twisted sense of reality, but factual evidence says that it's blue and black.

duty_calls.png

• Fire 2

Good lord. It was just good-natured ribbing. The fact so many have to earnestly defend NU's dominance over Iowa is actually a bit embarrassing. Have a laugh and move on. Relax.

I don't see anyone getting bent out of shape over it. Are we not allowed to respond?

We're supposed to sit politely and golf clap, I guess.

• Fire 2