Sears To Go Bankrupt, Likely Finished

Seems like we got a couple of economy killers in here...

Wow, Sears. That's nuts. JJ hit the nail on the head in terms of their usefulness, though.

Not sure I understand the bolded.

I was poking fun at BB and Knapp for saying they haven't been spending money at Sears and Wendy's and keeping that cash out of circulation.

Kind of a dumb joke, I'll admit...

Wait for it,

Trump saves Sears and Roebuck!

In a statement realeased earlier today, the Trumpster stated he is saving thousands of jobs and reshaping America by contractiing with Sears, to build nuclear weapons!

In a back door deal, Sears first large retail order comes from DPRK, woot!

200.gif#33

EDIT~ Wow, you guys are way to serious, not even a chuckle.

That being the case, I best put a disclaimer on this post!

Disclaimer

Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law.

For optimum performance and safety, please read these instructions carefully.

Void where prohibited. No representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or utility of these materials or any information or opinion contained herein. Actual mileage may vary. Prices slightly higher west of the Mississippi. All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. This product not to be construed as an endorsement of any product or company, nor as the adoption or promulgation of any guidelines, standards or recommendations. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Package sold by weight, not volume. Contents may settle during shipment. No user-serviceable parts inside. Use only as directed

This document originates from the Internet, and therefore may not be from the alleged source. If you have any doubts about the origin or content of this document please contact our Support Desk.

Humorous disclaimer supplied by: https://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/susan/joke/disclaim.htm

The problem is you took your car to Sears for service work. The only thing I've found them good for is buying Craftsman tools, Diehard batteries, and the occasional appliance purchase. But I think Ace Hardware now carry Craftsman so....

Yep, SEARS sold their rights to Craftsman. There are several places that now carry Craftsman tools.

That article said they had already or were going to sell their rights to Diehard and Kenmore also.

No wonder these geniuses are going out of business. Sell off the only 3 reasons anyone would ever have of darkening your doorway.

Science :facepalm:

The problem is you took your car to Sears for service work. The only thing I've found them good for is buying Craftsman tools, Diehard batteries, and the occasional appliance purchase. But I think Ace Hardware now carry Craftsman so....

Yep, SEARS sold their rights to Craftsman. There are several places that now carry Craftsman tools.

That article said they had already or were going to sell their rights to Diehard and Kenmore also.

No wonder these geniuses are going out of business. Sell off the only 3 reasons anyone would ever have of darkening your doorway.

Science :facepalm:

I'm not sure they really had much of choice. I would guess they sold the exclusive rights to their products to try and save the company.

I hope Craftsman remains American made.

I spent that money elsewhere. It was still in circulation, just not passing through Wendy's coffers.

So, do you boycott all Wendy's or just the one where you were illegally parked and trespassing? :P

We were going to eat there. Why wouldn't I park there?

Just messin' with ya knapp.

I generally like Wendy's but that would piss me off too and I would avoid that specific location in the future.

I avoided the local Arby's for about two or three years awhile back. Why you ask.... I got a coke there and as I was drinking it a piece of ice became stuck in the straw. I tried sucking harder and harder figuring it would melt a little and come on through. Well that didn't work so I tried blowing it back out but it had become lodged to tightly. So, I removed the lid, pulled the straw out, and discovered it wasn't a piece of ice at all but rather a small cockroach that I had sucked into the bottom of the straw head first. :ohnoes Needless to say I am now extremely leery of any straw blockage and really like the places where you fill your own drink cup.

Who remembers getting dragged to Sears with their parents?

I remember getting the Sears Wish List Christmas Catalog every year and thinking it was the most magical thing ever. I would stare at that thing all day, thinking about the amazing Christmas gifts I was going to ask for.

Damn, that brings back some memories. Sears, Montgomery Wards and J C Penny's catalogs. :thumbs

• Fire 2

I remember getting the Sears Wish List Christmas Catalog every year and thinking it was the most magical thing ever. I would stare at that thing all day, thinking about the amazing Christmas gifts I was going to ask for.

Oh man...that thing was so thick!

They must have spent so much money printing that thing!

Damn, that brings back some memories. Sears, Montgomery Wards and J C Penny's catalogs. :thumbs

Yup, would spend hours studying those catalogs to make sure Santa's list was just perfect.

And Penney's always had a pretty risqué lingerie section to boot. Probably would've gone blind if Victoria's Secret existed back then. :lol:

• Fire 1