Help an out-of-towner!!!!

Looking for any help and recommendations on where to stay for a weekend of football over Labor Day. Coming in from California so any suggestions or recommendations on where to stay to be close to any/all activities would be great. I've heard the Embassy Suites is a possibility.....is that somewhat close to the stadium as well as any activities that happen during a game weekend? Thank you in advance!!!!

Looking for any help and recommendations on where to stay for a weekend of football over Labor Day. Coming in from California so any suggestions or recommendations on where to stay to be close to any/all activities would be great. I've heard the Embassy Suites is a possibility.....is that somewhat close to the stadium as well as any activities that happen during a game weekend? Thank you in advance!!!!

The Embassy Suites is the closest hotel to the stadium, but it fills up quick, and is pricey. But, if you have the cash, it is probably well worth it.

I don't remember all the other hotels in the area, but if you are in downtown Lincoln you will be close enough to walk to bars, restaurants, campus, and the stadium. There may be some new hotels that are opening in the Haymarket/Railyard area which would also be super close.

What's your budget?

The Embassy Suites is a no brainer. The Holiday Inn is another really good one (may have changed names now).

But, you're going to spend some money to stay there.

I was going to say the Holiday Inn, but I couldn't remember if it has changed names since I last stayed there. That hotel seems to change names every few years.

What's your budget?

The Embassy Suites is a no brainer. The Holiday Inn is another really good one (may have changed names now).

The Holiday Inn is closing until they build a new hotel close to where it is now, actually (will be finished in 2019 I believe). They started selling all of their furniture and everything else today.

What's your budget?

The Holiday Inn is closing until they build a new hotel close to where it is now, actually (will be finished in 2019 I believe). They started selling all of their furniture and everything else today.

It's not super surprising that they are closing that hotel and building a new one. That hotel is so old. It was the place to be though back in the day, when it was the Lincoln Hilton. They would have a huge pep rally before the game on Saturdays.

If you want to be downtown, the furthest you want to stay is The Cornhusker (is it still called that?). It is a pretty nice hotel, but a few blocks further away from things downtown. IIRC, the team now stays there on the Friday nights before the games, so you might be able to see some players walking around on Saturday morning.

I don't know what the Cornhusker Marriott's prices are during a gameday weekend but the distance from there to the stadium, bars and Husker love fest is only a few blocks. So, if you don't mind walking a few extra blocks and if you can save a few hundred bucks I'd say go for it.

This was a couple years ago - I was able to get a room at the Embassy Suites but the Cornhusker was actually cheaper. I was with a group so I stayed where everyone else was, but honestly I'd have stayed at the Cornhusker in a heartbeat. I think it's been remodeled in the last few years and you can get into the Embassy Suites for the beer garden/pep band madness if you want even if you're not staying there. At the end of the night I wished I'd been able to get away from all that.

What's your budget?

It's not super surprising that they are closing that hotel and building a new one. That hotel is so old. It was the place to be though back in the day, when it was the Lincoln Hilton. They would have a huge pep rally before the game on Saturdays.

The current Holiday Inn was bought by someone else, will be remodeled and open under a different name.

Supposed to reopen this summer as a Graduate Hotel.

Directly in the Haymarket is:

The Hyatt, which is near the Railyard.

https://lincolndowntownhaymarket.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

The Hilton Garden Inn, which is closer to the stadium.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nebraska/hilton-garden-inn-lincoln-downtown-haymarket-LNKDHGI/index.html

The Courtyard, which is across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lnkcy-courtyard-lincoln-downtown-haymarket/

They are all on the new side, since there was a resurgence of building in Lincoln Haymarket since the arena opened. So they are all most likely really nice.

As stated above, the Holiday Inn was bought by another entity and is being renovated and rebranded into a Graduate Hotel. It does not look like they are taking any advanced booking though, despite renovation only taking a few months.

http://graduatehotels.com/

You're closer to activities if you stay at any of the ones in the Haymarket. There is plenty of stuff to do in the Haymarket. All are easily within walking distance of the stadium. The Embassy Suites is close to the stadium (although, downtown Lincoln is practically walkable), they have their own tailgate there, but you're closer to restaurants and such if you stay in the Haymarket. Then again, it's only like a 2-4 block walk from the Embassy Suites to the Haymarket.

• Fire 1