Early Predictions for 2017 - Which Games Do We Win

Mavric

2017 Huskers  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do you think Wisconsin will be better than us...

yes...and my name isn't Clark.

We're like what, 1-5 vs Wisconsin since we joined? Our 1 win was a close comeback in 2012 with our best team in the B1G, vs their worst team since we joined. Until it we actually beat them, I won't expect it.

• Fire 1

We're like what, 1-5 vs Wisconsin since we joined? Our 1 win was a close comeback in 2012 with our best team in the B1G, vs their worst team since we joined. Until it we actually beat them, I won't expect it.
^this. Wisconsin isn't better than us talent-wise, yet they beat us every year. It's very discouraging.

I completely 100% agree that our record sucks against them. However, our talent level is similar and I'm not convinced their current coaching staff is better. With their new staff and our new staff, we lost on the road to them in OT. That doesn't scream to me that our staff is worse than theirs.

and...I'm not "expecting" a win against them. Don't believe anyone has said that.

I wanted to say 10-2 (actually I wanted to say 12-0 but that is totally :koolaid2: )

However, until we prove otherwise that we can beat OSU, Wisc, Iowa under MR - call me a ShowMe guy and I don't live in Missouri. I also had us losing to PSU.

Depending on how Oregon rebounds under a new coach, we could end up 7-5 - Last year only showed us that we can beat the teams we are expected to beat.

We didn't go to the next level and beat Wisc, Iowa, or Tenn - teams we should be capable of beating. We are so far below OSU, Bama, Clemson as a program it is almost

embarrassing. Year 1 under MR ended wt me feeling better, year 2 I feel less hope. Maybe that is the problem with 1990's expectations. That NU will eventually

return to its former glory. We look for every sign that could point that we are finally on our way. Ok, I just depressed enough people.

There is always next year so GBR.

I think this team is gonna surprise some people. I think we upgrade on talent in a couple key positions and we improve on both sides of the ball. I don't think they will lose to oregon. They weren't as bad as eveyone said after they started losing and we didn't play very well but came away with a win. We beat them again and we will beat Wisconsin and Iowa.

Teams that I think will be better than NU next year: PSU, OSU, Oregon, Wisconsin

Teams I think will/can outcoach NU: Northwestern, Minny, Iowa

I like how you stated this.

Additionally, I think several teams like Iowa and NW seem to have a better identity then us. The new coach at Minny makes me see this as a tough game as I think folks buy-in to his vision.

Thus, I have us at 7-5. Could be 8-4 but just as high of a guess that we are 6-6. Shoot for the middle in my guess.

I'm hoping the fan base can temper expectations. I see a good start and mediocre finish. If Lee and the lines overperform then I could bump these thoughts by a game.

• Fire 1

Teams that I think will be better than NU next year: PSU, OSU, Oregon, Wisconsin

Additionally, I think several teams like Iowa and NW seem to have a better identity then us. The new coach at Minny makes me see this as a tough game as I think folks buy-in to his vision.

Thus, I have us at 7-5. Could be 8-4 but just as high of a guess that we are 6-6. Shoot for the middle in my guess.

I'm hoping the fan base can temper expectations. I see a good start and mediocre finish. If Lee and the lines overperform then I could bump these thoughts by a game.

I chose 7-5 because we are breaking in a new QB, and the defense hasn't been very impressive, at all.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...