*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/mccaskill-accused-lying-attack-sessions/98630572/

It sounds like she's saying both that these were not 1-on-1 meetings or related to the Armed Force Committee (not sure about the Iran deal one). The context is whether Sessions' individual contact with the Russian ambassador was unusual for members of that committee. So far, it still appears so.

It could nevertheless be quite innocent for how awkward it is, and certainly they'll take this opportunity to destroy Sessions if they can. Nonetheless, there are good questions raised here, particularly if the report that they discussed Russian sanctions is true. Why was this not disclosed?

Where are you reading that they discussed sanctions?

The first time I watched the video, this was my first thought. Sessions voluntarily went outside the scope of the question and offered unsolicited information.

Jeff Sessions must have been sick the day they taught “trial prep” in law school. He’s in trouble now, not because he’s a Klan sympathizer who has already started dismantling civil rights, but because he perjured himself like an incompetent first year attorney.

Jeff Sessions is in trouble because he went beyond the scope of the question, at his Senate confirmation hearing. The top lawyer in the land allowed himself to sound like a dog of a client who can’t follow simple instructions. There’s a reason why lawyers give limited, careful answers to questions. There’s a reason why lawyers practice with their clients, over and over again, to ONLY answer what the question asks and NO FURTHER.

• Fire 1

Here is what I just don't get about these types of situations.

Let's assume Trump and his campaign had absolutely no nefarious intent with any meetings with the Russians during the campaign. Let's assume that Trump and his campaign never asked them to hack the DNC and they had no prior knowledge that they were going to do that.

Let's assume that meetings with the Russians were simply to find out if there was common ground and to see if relationships could be improved if Trump were to be elected.

WHY THEN.....would the campaign and the administration hide it and keep lying about it when it is painfully clear that it would be easily possible that these meetings would be found out.

WHY NOT......build upon the possible relationship and improving ties to Russia in the election and tell the world that they have met Russian officials and they want to work with us? This could have possibly shown that he actually has a clue with foreign affairs. Like has been shown, people in our government talk to Russian officials all the time.

So....why hide it so much that you are falling on the sword and the world is watching?

• Fire 7

In a way I said it earlier but let's say the really crazy stuff isn't true and Trump and his team didn't have sinister goals in mind.

I still find it likely that many people on Trump's team met with the Russians to talk about how they would like that relationship to go if they won, including what we know to be true; that they want(ed) to remove sanctions from Russia. Also the more recent revelation that they didn't want to help Ukraine because the Russians wouldn't like it.

Even with no awareness or goal of getting Russia's help with the election, if Russia's goal was to have a malleable team in the White House, they took this information from Trump's team and knew that's who should win the election, and did everything they could to help that happen.

• Fire 1

I agree Moraine - and to be honest, I don't think I'd have a big problem with it if they just admitted when asked that they did it. All of us in business roles have networked and "made friends" with people that we would need to have relationships with in our new roles. What makes this bad and wrong is the absolutely sneaky way they've handled it which makes me think they're up to something more nefarious.