*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

When I read this, I honestly had one of those moments where I feel like I'm witnessing someone saying something that is really really really going to come back and bite them in the ass.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/832305025384865794

Wasn't his original manager taking money from them or Ukrainians backed by Russians?

Yes.

Manafort was well connected to Russia politically.

LINK

• Fire 1

This should probably be alarming. That quote is not good.

Trump's expected appointment of Steve Feinberg, co-founder and chief executive of Cerberus Capital Management, is causing consternation inside the intelligence agencies, former senior intelligence officials say.

A senior administration official says Feinberg still needs to be cleared by the Office of Government Ethics, which is complicated because Cerberus owns many different companies, some of which have financial relationships with the U.S. government.

Cerberus, eh? I guess the Illusive Man is going to pull the strings on this? Bring in an outsider named Shepard?

/GeekReference

All the Senators on the intel committee who met with Comey were very quiet afterwards. Rubio was the only one to respond, and only said that he was increasingly sure they'd be doing a bipartisan investigation into Putin's interference.

That's how they do it, though, for sure. Trying to obscure stuff through middlemen and fronts. Let's see if our intelligence can connect the dots...

A Back-Channel Plan for Ukraine and Russia, Courtesy of Trump Associates

A week before Michael T. Flynn resigned as national security adviser, a sealed proposal was hand-delivered to his office, outlining a way for President Trump to lift sanctions against Russia.

...He [Mr. Cohen] said Mr. Sater had given him the written proposal in a sealed envelope. When Mr. Cohen met with Mr. Trump in the Oval Office in early February, he said, he left the proposal in Mr. Flynns office

Mr. Cohen said he was waiting for a response when Mr. Flynn was forced from his post. Now Mr. Cohen, Mr. Sater and Mr. Artemenko are hoping a new national security adviser will take up their cause. On Friday the president wrote on Twitter that he had four new candidates for the job.

A Back-Channel Plan for Ukraine and Russia, Courtesy of Trump Associates

A week before Michael T. Flynn resigned as national security adviser, a sealed proposal was hand-delivered to his office, outlining a way for President Trump to lift sanctions against Russia.

...He [Mr. Cohen] said Mr. Sater had given him the written proposal in a sealed envelope. When Mr. Cohen met with Mr. Trump in the Oval Office in early February, he said, he left the proposal in Mr. Flynns office

Mr. Cohen said he was waiting for a response when Mr. Flynn was forced from his post. Now Mr. Cohen, Mr. Sater and Mr. Artemenko are hoping a new national security adviser will take up their cause. On Friday the president wrote on Twitter that he had four new candidates for the job.

Of note, Sater is a Russian businessman who is a multiple-time convicted felon with ties to the Russian Mafia who's helped bankroll Trump when he was going through his bankruptcy woes in the 90s. Artemenko appears to be another Trump from Ukraine that hopes to oust their president and is receiving blessings from top Putin aides to that end.

Nothing to see here, folks...

Granted, I was trying to read that article while doing a couple other things and getting interrupted. But, that is a very difficult article to read and keep everyone straight.

Can someone try to summarize it? From what I gather, here are some major points.

A) Cohen is Trump's personal lawyer. He is the one that supposedly flew to Russia to meet with a Russian official during the campaign.

1) This meeting supposedly was about hacking the Democratic Party computers and lifting sanctions on Russia if he gets elected.

2) Cohen is married to a Ukrainian woman.

B) Manafort has strong ties to Russia.

1) He helped get a guy elected in Ukraine who was pro separatists. This guy ultimately ended up fleeing Ukraine to Russia after protests broke out opposing him.

C) Cohen supposedly brought back a proposal from Russia (written by Artemenko) as to how to lift sanctions at the expense of Ukraine. This was left with Flynn before Flynn resigned. Trump was told about this proposal by Cohen.

D) Artemenko is a Ukrainian politician who opposes Poroshenko who is now the Ukrainian President.

1) Aremenko has close ties to Putin.

E) Ukrainian officials are pissed about Artemenko's ties to the Kremlin.

F) Mr. Sater is a Russian born American who has helped Trump with many business deals in and around Russia. He lives in NYC and still has a relationship with Trump.

1) He is helping Artemenko get the proposal in front of Trump and sell him on the deal.

2) He is also worked on a plan for a Trump Tower in Moscow in 2015.

G) Cohen met with both Sater and Artemenko before agreeing to bring the proposal to the White House.

H) Flynn's ouster has thrown a wrench in all of this and they are waiting for the next NSA to hopefully be on board with their proposal.

What am I missing?

Granted, I was trying to read that article while doing a couple other things and getting interrupted. But, that is a very difficult article to read and keep everyone straight.

That is exactly what I thought when I read it! But they're all connected in some way, and the strings appear to lead back to Russia.

The headcount of Russian officials named in Steele Dossier now up to seven...

Should be an argument against the "where's the evidence" argument, IMO.

Obviously, there's a time and place for uncovering the right degree of evidence. But when you just toss a bunch of evidence out there, important sources have a habit of winding up dead.

• Fire 1

A purported cyberhack of the daughter of political consultant Paul Manafort suggests that he was the victim of a blackmail attempt while he was serving as Donald Trump’s presidential campaign chairman last summer.

The undated communications, which are allegedly from the iPhone of Manafort’s daughter, include a text that appears to come from a Ukrainian parliamentarian named Serhiy Leshchenko, seeking to reach her father, in which he claims to have politically damaging information about both Manafort and Trump.

Attached to the text is a note to Paul Manafort referring to “bulletproof” evidence related to Manafort’s financial arrangement with Ukraine’s former president, the pro-Russian strongman Viktor Yanukovych, as well as an alleged 2012 meeting between Trump and a close Yanukovych associate named Serhiy Tulub.

“Considering all the facts and evidence that are in my possession, and before possible decision whether to pass this to [the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine] or FBI I would like to get your opinion on this and maybe your way to work things out that will persuade me to do otherwise,” reads the note. It is signed “Sergii” — an alternative transliteration of Leshchenko’s given name — and it urges Manafort to respond to an email address that reporters have used to reach Leshchenko.

In the typo-ridden text to Manafort’s daughter to which the note was attached, the sender writes from a different address, “I need to get in touch with Paul i need to share some important information with him regarding ukraine investigation.” The sender adds “as soon as he comes back to me i will pass you documents,” but also warns: “if I don’t get any reply from you iam gonaa pass it on to the fbi and ukrainian authorities including media.”

Drip, drip, drip...

• Fire 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251046/Illegal-Clinton-fundraiser-tape-fearing-life.html

It will be interesting to see what comes of the Russian influence/involvement in the most recent election. For some of us, we can remember an earlier time.

Stepping back in time, Mid 1990s - lets not forget the Chinese influence/access to the Clinton administration/campaign fund raising scandal. Corruption and scandal

have been the hallmark of the Clintons. While I did not want Trump for president, I am still glad we did not end up wt Clinton. This is a reason why. What unbelievably bad choices we had in 2016.

Part of the article:

During the mid-1990s, Chung met regularly in Washington with key Clinton officials and other Democrats – but none seemed suspicious about how the relatively unknown small-time businessman was able to cut them such large donation checks.

In total he visited the White House 57 times in a two-year span – eight of these meetings were 'off the books.'

Most of the meetings were with Hillary Clinton or her staff. During one of these trips, Chung personally handed a $50,000 check to Hillary Clinton's chief of staff Maggie Williams.

(TG- Fast forward to the more current Clinton Foundation issues. The leopard cannot change its spots.)

Chung even helped arrange for Bill Clinton to meet with the source of the money – a top Chinese military official – at a Los Angeles fundraiser.

After Chung's activities caught the attention of federal authorities, Democrats quickly distanced themselves from the onetime fundraiser.

During Chung's case, DNC officials claimed he misled them and urged the judge to give him a harsh sentence.

But the judge declined, and even noted in the sentencing statement that it was 'strange' nobody from the DNC was prosecuted for accepting the illegal funds.

'It's very strange that the giver pleads guilty and the give gets off free,' said U.S. District Judge Manuel L. Real.

Judge Real also said the leaders of the DNC were 'two of the dumbest politicians I've ever seen' if they were not aware of the campaign funding scheme.

He blasted U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno for failing to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Democratic involvement in the scandal.

In the videotaped declaration, Chung said the DNC 'portrayed themselves as the victims, victimized by Johnny Chung.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251046/Illegal-Clinton-fundraiser-tape-fearing-life.html#ixzz4Zc0atFqr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook