*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

The IC not sharing information with the President is very concerning on many levels. In this case I think they have the nation's best interest at heart, but what prevents them from doing this in the future and country suffering as a result. What happens if they with hold intelligence in an effort to start some kind of coup? They have a scary amount of power.

The IC not sharing information with the President is very concerning on many levels. In this case I think they have the nation's best interest at heart, but what prevents them from doing this in the future and country suffering as a result. What happens if they with hold intelligence in an effort to start some kind of coup? They have a scary amount of power.

my hope is that they understand the white nationalists takeover of our government and are taking steps to minimize the damage it will cause if it is left unchecked.

• Fire 3

my hope is that they understand the white nationalists takeover of our government and are taking steps to minimize the damage it will cause if it is left unchecked.

It offers precedence though. Dangerous stuff here.

It offers precedence though. Dangerous stuff here.

i said taking steps to minimize the damages...you seem to have jumped to the idea of something more ominous. FWIW , i trust the ic more than trump if something does happen.

Glenn Greenwald took some shots at the author of that report because he gathered that info from anonymous sources. On the other hand, the author is a former NSA employee of some experience, and someone saying that about Trump on the record is likely to lose their job.

Make up your own mind, I guess. To me it makes sense that people wouldn't trust Trump with certain flavors of sensitive info. Especially given Flynn seems to have lied to Pence about his Russia exploits, and Pence then lied to the public.

Glenn Greenwald took some shots at the author of that report because he gathered that info from anonymous sources. On the other hand, the author is a former NSA employee of some experience, and someone saying that about Trump on the record is likely to lose their job.

Make up your own mind, I guess. To me it makes sense that people wouldn't trust Trump with certain flavors of sensitive info. Especially given Flynn seems to have lied to Pence about his Russia exploits, and Pence then lied to the public.

Well...technically, Flynn lied to Pence. Pence didn't lie to the public because he didn't know the truth.

My goodness- can someone who has read extensively on the subject (Trump, Russians, Flynn, etc) provide a bullet point summary of events - what is speculative and what is factual in nature.

Government's major role and responsibility is to secure our nation and protect its citizens. If any of this is true (Russian influence and ears in SITCOM) we have been compromised greatly to carry on this responsibility. With this election we had one candidate who was peddling corruption via a foundation and if all of these rumors are are true we have another one exchanging business deals for influence.

What has happened to our political system?

That observer article link above is an eye opening read. As it: :o

My (simplistic) overview. Please feel free to add to or correct.

• It was proven that Russa illegally tapped into DNC (and perhaps RNC) and used info to sway elections
  • Obama announced sanctions to punish them for this in late Dec
  • Right after sanctions were announced Mr. Flynn had several phone calls with a Russian Ambassador (*this is before inauguration - thus the references to the Logan Act)
  • Puuty comes out and says "we don't like it but we won't retaliate for sanctions"
  • Donald says, "I may not honor the sanctions Obama put out"
  • Rumours come out that phones were tapped and US officials know that Flynn talked to Russians
  • Flynn tells public/Trump/Pence that they were just congratulatory calls - no discussion on sanctions just Happy holidays
  • Several weeks go by - other BS from Trump white house blah blah blah
  • 9 sources tell WaPo that indeed calls included conversations about sanctions Flynn says "I don't remember what we talked about"
  • Flynn says "maybe we discussed sanctions?"
  • An hour ago Flynn apologizes for "maybe discussing sanctions."

In addition to this, information from dossier that was passed via John McCain to the intelligence agencies (via a british spy) has begun to be confirmed - as far as times, locations, people involved with Russian communications and the Trump WH.

This is big and I have a feeling will get more bigly. We're in trouble and I for one am grateful that agencies have had the foresight to stop communicating sensitive information to this scary, poor intentioned, poorly qualified and ignorant administration.

• Fire 4

Flynn's "Sorry I maybe discussed sanctions" is eerily reminiscent to Clinton's "I don't recall" response to a lot of the email questions. I still think that whole thing was a crock of crap, but geez that's never a good answer.

Flynn should be booted for this type of transgression, in addition to his being the most intimately connected to Putin in Trump's cabinet. But we have a new threshold for bad behavior now. The only people we've seen voluntarily step away from his administration were one who got outed for an affair publicly on Twitter by a fellow Trumper, one who got busted for multiple instances of plagiarism, and one who just didn't want to divorce himself from his business interests.

I'm curious to see how long the zero accountability vibe can hold out. I blame Congressional Republicans for being cowards. I'm worried about the long-term implications of this.