*UNVERIFIED* Russians Blackmailing Trump with video of him with Sex Workers Engaging in Golden Showers

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment. Sarah Isgur Flores, the spokeswoman for the Justice Department, also declined to comment.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

:snacks::snacks::snacks:

Here's a name to keep in mind - Dmitry Rybolovlev. The self-proclaimed "Fertilizer King" has a habit of buying overpriced art, antiquities, and real estate, and then selling them for huge losses. Case in point, Trump's former beachfront estate in Palm Springs, FL...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/realestate/ct-donald-trump-mansion-and-the-russian-fertilizer-king-20170306-story.html

Rybolovlev is also a minority owner of the Bank of Cyprus, which has ties to multiple Russian money-laundering operations. And Rybolovlev's private jet keeps showing up in the same place as Trump's. Coincidence? Possibly. But where there's smoke, there's usually...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shuttle-election-diplomacy-dmitry-rybolovlevs-plane_us_58a7651ae4b026a89a7a2acb?

He blamed the string of tweets on Trump’s relative political inexperience and a media too eager to take him literally.

“As you all know, the president is a neophyte in politics. And I think a lot of the things he says, you guys sometimes take literally,” Nunes said, referring to the press. ”Sometimes he doesn’t have 27 lawyers and staff looking at what he does.”

What is the world is Nunes talking about? Are we NOT supposed to take him literally? Are we supposed to take him figuratively? Believe what's in his heart? I've heard so many variations on this stupid spin - He's POTUS, of course we take him literally.

I like how Flynn is also "invited" to attend but according to Nunes:

"At this point, we've invited the people who we feel are directly aligned with having information about this investigation on all sides of it," Nunes said.

"General Flynn is a tangent to some of this because of his name being involves in a lot of leaks."

Dude should not be leading this investigation.

Edit: Oops, repeated a Knapp rant form a thread I hadn't checked yet.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...