Trump Inauguration

These protestors destroying things are stupid f'n idiots.

Agree.

But, I do believe it was a very small group. The media may have made it out to look bigger than it was.

I haven't seen anything yet on Twitter/FB to indicate that it was anything other than relatively small, isolated incidents.

I'm so proud to live in a country where diametrically opposed Presidents/Parties can have such a peaceful and congenial transfer of power. Many of the citizens of said country........not so much. I wonder if about 150 million 2nd place participation ribbons would help.

• Fire 5

I'm so proud to live in a country where diametrically opposed Presidents/Parties can have such a peaceful and congenial transfer of power. Many of the citizens of said country........not so much. I wonder if about 150 million 2nd place participation ribbons would help.

Ribbons won't be enough. It will take a trophy at least 2 feet tall to ease the butt hurt of the second placers.

• Fire 3

It's almost like our country was founded on rebellion or something. :lol:

I know, right? Who would be so petty as to not respect our nation's tradition of peaceful transition of power?

At the Final Debate, Trump Threatens American Democracy

In a horrifying threat to the American democratic process, Republican nominee Donald Trump refused to commit to accepting the results of the presidential election. "I'll keep you in suspense," he declared at the third and final presidential debate at the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Wednesday night.

This is a staggering and unprecedented development. And it comes from a politician who has repeatedly voiced admiration for dictatorships and undemocratic strongmen, a man who has openly encouraged the violence of his supporters, a man whose cult of personality recalls generations of caudillos and fascists, and a man who insisted of America from the stage of the Republican convention: "I alone can fix it."

• Fire 4

I know, right? Who would be so petty as to not respect our nation's tradition of peaceful transition of power?

At the Final Debate, Trump Threatens American Democracy

In a horrifying threat to the American democratic process, Republican nominee Donald Trump refused to commit to accepting the results of the presidential election. "I'll keep you in suspense," he declared at the third and final presidential debate at the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Wednesday night.

This is a staggering and unprecedented development. And it comes from a politician who has repeatedly voiced admiration for dictatorships and undemocratic strongmen, a man who has openly encouraged the violence of his supporters, a man whose cult of personality recalls generations of caudillos and fascists, and a man who insisted of America from the stage of the Republican convention: "I alone can fix it."

Wrong + Wrong = Right?

• Fire 1

What's the wrong, here?

Well 2 of them would be Trump not committing to accept the results of the election when he did and the other would be protestors destroying stuff. There are plenty more wrongs that could be listed but those were the 2 that were on my mind at the time.

Ah, I see. I don't know. I wouldn't protest violently. It's really not in my nature, but further, I'd have to manufacture a desperation I just don't have. I don't think I could confidently say this is true for other people though. Of the people who are destroying windows, I think there are some who fall in either category.