No Longer Lockdown U?

Mavric

the little nicknames are so lame...if you have to call yourself something you probably suck

The Scoring Explosion, We Backs, Pipeline, Blackshirts? :dunno

Other than "We Backs", I'm pretty sure all of those names were attributed to the team by people other than the players. Calvin and Derek came up with that moniker as I recall and it stuck.

1993 was "Refuse to Lose"

That was the '95 mariners. it worked and saved our franchise from leaving town

Well it was the 1993 Nebraska Football team first. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-don-t-forget-nebraska-s-gains-from-team-s/article_7bd894d3-34f7-5853-b43c-fb30fca3d485.html

“We had been through a lot as a program, and that year was kind of a gut check for us,” said Trev Alberts, a senior rush end in 1993. “Our motto was 'Refuse to Lose.' Boyd Epley had really spent a lot of time with us on finishing.”

Well it was the 1993 Nebraska Football team first. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-don-t-forget-nebraska-s-gains-from-team-s/article_7bd894d3-34f7-5853-b43c-fb30fca3d485.html

We had been through a lot as a program, and that year was kind of a gut check for us, said Trev Alberts, a senior rush end in 1993. Our motto was 'Refuse to Lose.' Boyd Epley had really spent a lot of time with us on finishing.

aaaand now I know. I never would have imagined that being a team motto for the huskers.
  • Fire 1

The team can call themselves whatever they want. Lockdown U, Money Team, whatever. Just stop opponents from scoring so much & we'll all get behind whatever name you choose.

This all just reminds me of the wire. You market one thing and when it's broke you take the same thing and call it something else.

• Fire 1

We had been through a lot as a program, and that year was kind of a gut check for us, said Trev Alberts, a senior rush end in 1993. Our motto was 'Refuse to Lose.' Boyd Epley had really spent a lot of time with us on finishing.

aaaand now I know. I never would have imagined that being a team motto for the huskers.

They had one of those every year back then. They may now as well, but if so they aren't made as public as they were then.