Women's Marches

FIJI is already on a short leash with the university and they kind of have a reputation to roofy girls at parties. I reffed quite a few intramural games for them, and most of them are pricks. I don't doubt that there are people who want them gone asap

• 2 weeks later...

I was unaware self-confessed Islamist Linda Sarsour was a principal organizer of these marches.

More than a little disgusting.

A little clarity, not "principal":

On November 9, 2016, the day after Donald Trump was elected President of the United States,[c][35][37][35] To ensure that the march was led by women of differing races and backgrounds, Vanessa Wruble, co-founder, and Head of Campaign Operations brought on Tamika D. Mallory, Carmen Perez and Linda Sarsour to serve as National Co-Chairs alongside Bland.[39] Former Miss New Jersey USA Janaye Ingram served as Head of Logistics.<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Women" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Women" s_march#cite_note-43"="">[40]

And perhaps you can explain the Islamist comment. She is indeed muslim, and has worked Arab Assoc of NY. But I think you are mistaking others label of her vs. "self confessed".

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/25/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour/

I think your information is from terribly biased sources Dude.

• Fire 1

There's no source talking about her support of Sharia other than the typical conservative sites. Most started trolling her about this right after the March. So if you buy totally into Gateway Pundit, Jihad Watch, Fox, TruthFeed and etc. then there's not much I could say or provide to change your mind.

There's no source talking about her support of Sharia other than the typical conservative sites. Most started trolling her about this right after the March. So if you buy totally into Gateway Pundit, Jihad Watch, Fox, TruthFeed and etc. then there's not much I could say or provide to change your mind.

The Snopes article has tweets from her that express support for Sharia Law.

The source is her own Twitter feed. Did you read the Snopes article you posted? There's many of her pro-Sharia Tweets in there. Along with her out-and-out lies about what Sharia actually entails.

Even a biased site like Snopes struggles, and fails, to justify it.

Where did you hear Snopes is biased?

Of course I read it. The tweets in that article show her saying there is a misunderstanding in the US about what Sharia is. That her choices to not drink, not eat pork etc is how she practices. That people in the US push it as a Muslim agenda and that's not the case.

One can believe in the 10 commandments as a part of their religion and committed to their faith still not abide by all of them. Mormons can be fully committed to their religion and not wear the magic underwear. Jews can be believers and not keep kosher. There has been a full discussion on another thread over the weekend discussing the interpretation of religious texts and actual practice so I won't rehash here.

Snopes is biased now? Come on Dude. They didn't fail to justify. They presented the facts and reached out to her for clarity and as of now she hasn't returned calls. That's just honest reporting.

Im confused about your comment Zoogs.

There's the Bill Maher types when it comes to viewing the religion of Islam as basically dangerous, or those who sneer at the notion that it might be practiced as a religion of peace. I have a few quite liberal friends who nonetheless align with these views on Islam.

It's an interesting fault line in the political coalition. I don't understand how a people who otherwise might think of themselves as liberal hold these types of views.

Im confused about your comment Zoogs.

There's the Bill Maher types when it comes to viewing the religion of Islam as basically dangerous, or those who sneer at the notion that it might be practiced as a religion of peace. I have a few quite liberal friends who nonetheless align with these views on Islam.

It's an interesting fault line in the political coalition. I don't understand how a people who otherwise might think of themselves as liberal hold these types of views.

It's not that hard to understand. Christians are for the most part Republican and it seems homophobia is strongest in Christians. Christians also have a high tendency to be Anti-Choice.

Muslims are similar to Christians when it comes to these 2 things.