Women's Marches

Their GPA's are higher because they have the old test! That pissed me off so much!

Obviously that's a bit tongue in cheek, because they have regular study hours and focus on grades too; but as someone trying to learn and get a good grade on the curve it pissed me off when somebody had the old test and wouldn't share them.

Stereotypes exist for a reason teach. Obviously not all people in the Greek system fit the mold, but a lot of the guys I've know were douchey and total bro's. More interested in a party than anything else. There are very nice and cool people in the system, but the d bags ruin it for the rest.

Hey I agree...I am shocked that you have not been attacked for this though. Maybe some people are coming around finally? I feel like I have helped them in that regard.

I spent a year in a frat and then things changed and I dropped out of the house. So, I've seen both sides. I would say that most non-greek people don't really give a crap about the greek system and just find it and their members highly annoying. On the flip side, Greek members tend to believe they are above the rest of the student body and look down their noses at the rest.

My daughter went through Rush this year as a Freshman. She went in excited and thought that was exactly what she wanted to do. She went through the entire week, got invited to join the houses she chose as her favorites and on Saturday, she declined every single one. Her comment was....."their priorities were really screwed up".

I don't know anything other than that statement. But, I was proud of her that she went through the process and made a very mature decision in the end.

What changed at your house? Anything bad?

No, just wasn't something that was good for me at the time. I still have good friends from the experience 30 years later.

I spent the first 2 years of my college existence being a total waste of oxygen. I was probably drunk 5 days out of the week and missing classes because of it. I got good enough grades that I was able to stay in the house. But, by the time I was going to start my second year, I realized that I needed to grow up and start acting a little more mature. I made the decision that the house was a part of what was promoting me being that way.

Don't get me wrong. There were guys in my house that WEREN'T as bad as me, had a good college career there and became very successful because of it. But, there was an underlying crowd/social atmosphere that I got hooked up into way too much.

DAMN....it was fun. But, I needed a change. I spent the next year still drunk off my ass but I slowly learned lessons and moved on.

I don't blame the house or the people in it. It was all on me being immature at the time. I have my regrets.

Dang! Yeah, that can totally put a beating on you. Did you deactivate or just move out? I only lived in the house for one year...then we moved out with some friends off campus and hardly spent time at the frat. Sometimes I would stop over between classes and sometimes they would ask us to host parties at our off campus house.

I deactivated. Like I said, I was still good friends with guys in the house. But, I was out of money and started working full time while going to school full time. It's amazing how you start seeing that those house dues aren't that important anymore.

Their GPA's are higher because they have the old test! That pissed me off so much!

Obviously that's a bit tongue in cheek, because they have regular study hours and focus on grades too; but as someone trying to learn and get a good grade on the curve it pissed me off when somebody had the old test and wouldn't share them.

I knew that comment would come up.

My house didn't have the old tests ... I got them from the FB players (true story).

Our house had the old tests. I used them, it was great. The best was the History of American Jazz class. Mr. Sharp would use the same questions over and over again. I did share those tests with my friends who weren't in my frat.

That is Professor Sharp!

Our test files kind of sucked...but it was better than nothing.

And BRB, those dues are pricey. I never paid once I moved out.

My house didn't have the old tests ... I got them from the FB players (true story).

Our house had the old tests. I used them, it was great. The best was the History of American Jazz class. Mr. Sharp would use the same questions over and over again. I did share those tests with my friends who weren't in my frat.

Good man!

I'm pretty much joking by the way. Engineers had their own test file too, it wasn't great but it heleped ALOT! Also being in a Formula SAE (student built race car) we all had the same classes and would swap old test/note books with eachother.

It seems to me the proportion of self-absorbed fake girls is higher in sororities than in the rest of the university population.

On the otherhand I had a partner in an engineering class who was in a sorority and she was basically the opposite of the stereotype except she was blonde.

I think that's another issue though - fraternities and sorority demographics are skewed more White than the general population.

It sounds like you had a prejudice against this girl because she was in a sorority, and then she turned out to be not anything like you thought she would be like.

Nah. Your reading comprehension isn't good here. In my experience a larger % of people in sororities are self absorbed and fake. I'd say the same about Los Angeles. That doesn't mean they all are or that I jump to conclusions about people before I meet them. I gave an example of someone who was the opposite of the stereotype. Let's throw out a number and say I think 60% are self absorbed and 55% of the general population is. It doesn't mean I automatically assume everyone I meet is that way.

Glad to that there were not riots, looting, anarchy and destruction for the March for Life event today. How could you possibly get your point across any other way?

Isn't it amazing the different tones between the March of Life and the Women's march....what a wonderful change.

• Fire 1

Riots, looting, anarchy and destruction were the tone of the Women's March?

Believe what you like, I guess.

Setting vehicles on fire, destroying businesses, threatening to blow up the White House, etc...

But whateve's

There were 0 arrests at the D.C. march. Care to share some links about your claims?

Are you perhaps confusing the women's march with inauguration day protests?

• Fire 3