Women's Marches

Any trouble in lincoln?

Are you old enough to remember the Fraternity vs GDI snowball fights from the 1980s? Those had WAY more action than this. As "riots" go this was exceedingly tame.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/demonstrators-protest-outside-phi-gamma-delta/article_92b5b8d4-c035-5926-b546-254311720e60.html

Ah. Yes, the Greek/GDI snow ball fights. Started off fairly innocent till kids started putting rocks in the snow balls.

I actually never partook in them since most of my time was spent on east campus.

I know the Abortion March wasn't exactly a "women's march" but we're talking about the Fiji stuff in here, so this march is probably as relevant to the topic.

It looks well-attended. I haven't seen any reports of riots or burned limos from this march.

RZz4Q4v.jpg

It's good to see people being politically active. We've been pretty complacent as a people for a while. All Americans should make themselves more vocal.

• 2 weeks later...

UNL places Fiji on interim suspension.

LINK

“While behavior outside the fraternity during the Women’s March attracted public attention, our investigation has shown broader conduct issues at the fraternity,” said Juan N. Franco, vice chancellor for student affairs. “This conduct required our immediate action, even while our investigation continues."

The interim suspension includes the university’s immediate withdrawal of its recognition of Phi Gamma Delta, also known as Fiji, as a greek organization at Nebraska, as well as temporary revocation of the chapter’s affiliation with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.

Do the kids have to find new places to live?

When houses out here have lost their charters, the members were usually allowed to stay until the end of the lease on the building or until they graduate if owned by the chapter. Since it is an interim suspension, they are fine until end of the semester at least.

That is good.