Valentine Makes it 24 Straight Years with a Husker on a Super Bowl Team

Mavric

Good for VV, my big disappointment in watching that play is that I don't recall him ever making any kind of play like that in the backfield when he played at Nebraska. I am probably wrong and he did at some point, but I sure don't remember it happening. In my mind he never played with that kind of a moter the whole time he was here.

• Fire 2

Good for VV, my big disappointment in watching that play is that I don't recall him ever making any kind of play like that in the backfield when he played at Nebraska. I am probably wrong and he did at some point, but I sure don't remember it happening. In my mind he never played with that kind of a moter the whole time he was here.

a quick YouTube search of him will serve as a good refresher for all of the great plays he made while here ;)

The Iowa game we lost in Lincoln with Kellogg at QB, is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of VV. He was an absolute monster that game.

I want to see the list, does anyone have it?

I was curious about this as well. I started making a list, but then I gave up :lol:

Super Bowl 51: Vincent Valentine - Patriots

50: Zaire Anderson - Donkeys

49: Eric Martin - Pats

48: ????

47: Sam Koch - Ravens

46: Prince Amukamara - Giants

45: Brandon Jackson - Packers

44: Carl Nicks and Scott Shanle - Saints; Cody Glenn - Colts

43: Ralph Brown - Cards

42: Russ Hochstein and Le Kevin Smith - Pats

41: Mike Brown - Bears

40: Grant Wistrom and Josh Brown - Seahawks

39: Correll Buckhalter - Eagles; Russ Hochstein - Pats

38: Mike Rucker - Panthers; Russ Hochstein - Pats

37: Adam Treu - Raiders

36: Grant Wistrom - Rams

• Fire 2

I want to see the list, does anyone have it?

I was curious about this as well. I started making a list, but then I gave up :lol:

Super Bowl 51: Vincent Valentine - Patriots

50: Zaire Anderson - Donkeys

49: Eric Martin - Pats

48: ????

47: Sam Koch - Ravens

46: Prince Amukamara - Giants

45: Brandon Jackson - Packers

44: Carl Nicks and Scott Shanle - Saints; Cody Glenn - Colts

43: Ralph Brown - Cards

42: Russ Hochstein and Le Kevin Smith - Pats

41: Mike Brown - Bears

40: Grant Wistrom and Josh Brown - Seahawks

39: Correll Buckhalter - Eagles; Russ Hochstein - Pats

38: Mike Rucker - Panthers; Russ Hochstein - Pats

37: Adam Treu - Raiders

36: Grant Wistrom - Rams

Super Bowl 48 was Stewart Bradley, LB. He was on IR.

• Fire 1

Unsure if this quote is typical of rookies or indicative of the firing of Hughes......Good read.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/23/patriots-super-bowl-2017-vincent-valentine

And if Valentine, at 6' 3" and 320 pounds, sounds like a ballet dancer when he explains it all, that’s only because technique is technique and it’s when that technique becomes instinct that you find the place where your art comes from.

“Coaches are coaching everything here, hand-placement, just everything. Practice is like a game here,” Valentine said. “It’s just focusing every day, making sure I get my technique right, my leverage and everything. That’s what I did. “I was so surprised by how much I didn’t know, but I’m putting in the work every day with these guys. They’re helping me, bring me alone, and I’m just trying to keep learning from everybody. Patience is a virtue. Just working hard every day, you’re going to reap what you sow.”

• Fire 2