Trump Foreign Policy

Just unbelievable  - the guy (trump) is a walking crisis in the making.  One week it is one thing the next week another.    We've (speaking of this admin) removed ourselves from our allies, we've made Russia our Best friend we tariff our friends.  Europe is left wondering if they have a friend in the USA 

I think some former presidents need to band together to speak out about what's going on. I also think Mueller better hurry up.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-europe-20180718-story.html#

Deeply alarmed at President Trump’s attacks on NATO and the transatlantic relationship, European governments are rethinking their reliance on the United States as a strategic ally against Russia, but they are unlikely to make regional security arrangements independent of Washington.

Trump has forced the reassessment in recent days by calling the European Union a “foe,” expressing reservations about defending other NATO members, and blasting Germany and other allies — comments he said were aimed at strengthening the U.S.-European alliance but that raised concerns across the continent.

"We can no longer fully rely on the White House,” Heiko Maas, Germany's foreign minister, said Monday, a position echoed by other senior European officials and diplomats. "The first clear consequence can only be that we need to align ourselves even more closely in Europe."

But European allies bewildered by Trump’s seeming hostility for NATO must confront a sobering reality: They have few good alternatives for protecting themselves against Russia or other potential adversaries.

I could be wrong in this, but is anyone outside of the hawkish hardcores who love throwing American military weight around really itching for a war with Iran?

It seems like a decent chunk of Trump voters actually applauded his stated preference for anti-interventionism. Would such a move actually disappoint them or would they just look the other way?

Bolton double downs.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-tweet-iran-war-hassan-rouhani-99c27f70-6818-4c62-8bee-486679c26654.html

President Trump's national security adviser John Bolton issued a statement to reporters reiterating the president's fury at Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, which was expressed in a late Sunday night tweet.

"I spoke to the President over the last several days, and President Trump told me that if Iran does anything at all to the negative, they will pay a price like few countries have ever paid before."
— John Bolton

Go deeper: Trump's tweet and fury at Iran

President Trump tweeted an explosive, all-caps threat directed at Iran's president Hassan Rouhani late Sunday:

Why it matters: Trump's decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal in May and reimpose sanctions escalated tensions between the two countries.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Despite most of our reservations Rex seemed like a good person trying to do the right thing. Those kind of people will be eaten alive in this administration. Whether or not he was qualified for his post is another debate, but I appreciate him standing up.

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Despite most of our reservations Rex seemed like a good person trying to do the right thing. Those kind of people will be eaten alive in this administration. Whether or not he was qualified for his post is another debate, but I appreciate him standing up.

I'm guessing everyone who is fired but didn't have a scandal (so Flynn is ruled out) is a good person.

• Plus1 1