Trump Legal Troubles

TFG is in for a very unpleasant 2-3 years.  The GA case and the DOJ special prosecutors potential (and I'd say likely) case laid out against him will likely dwarf Bragg's NY charges I have a feeling.  I've heard it may be up to a year before the NY trial even gets started so these two (assuming they will result in Trump indictments) will still likely be even further out.  When he loses the next election, either in the Republican primary (unlikely) or the 2024 general (very likely) he should pretty much be screwed as he'll have limited options to shield himself.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh my....:snacks:

Trump's son Eric jumps into the fray now.  This crime family needs to be placed under a gag rule or placed in jail.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-warns-donald-trump-now-sailing-in-harm-s-way-after-eric-trump-flouts-rape-trial-rules/ar-AA1ao867?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=e420a9a069df41bcab08c783435018e1&ei=40

Following a lunch break, attorneys for Carroll complained that Eric Trump had posted complaints about the case on Wednesday despite the judge's warning.

Jean Carroll's legal battle against my father is allegedly being FUNDED by political activist Reid Hoffman (co-founder of Linkedin)," Eric Trump said in a tweet. "A civil lawsuit, being funded by a billionaire, with no direct involvement in the case, out of pure hatred, spite or fear of a formidable candidate, is an embarrassment to our country, should be illegal, and tells you everything you need to know about the case at hand."

Kaplan warned that Trump was "now sailing in harm's way with his son."

"If I was in your shoes, I'd be having a conversation with your client," Kaplan told Tacopina

• Oh Yeah! 1

It's hardly uncommon for business people to inflate their assets when applying for loans, then deflate them when doing their taxes.

That being said, both Donald Trump and his father did this in excess for decades. The numbers weren't secret and the exaggerations were almost comical.  It is also illegal, and well before he ran for President it was understood that the IRS and others were building a case against the Trump organization and the private family. But we didn't care about it much when he wasn't President, and he seemed to be paying the price when almost every major bank on Earth refused to lend him money in the early 2000s. 

Is this an act of political payback? Sure. It's also long overdue. 

• TBH 3