Trump Legal Troubles

6 minutes ago, commando said:

hmmm....does that apply to Joe also?  maybe trumps lawyer found out that trump plans to not pay him either

If I am Joe Biden, and the courts rule that a President is immune from all prosecution, I immediately start hunting down MAGA loyalists in the Senate and House. Just like Abraham Lincoln hunted vampires.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I honestly can not believe that MAGATs are willing to die on this hill to protect a multiple time convicted fraud, multiple time convicted rapist, someone who brags about wanting to have sex with his daughter and is a child molester.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

So, what he is arguing is, that if the Democrats control all parts of government including President, House and Senate...and those Democrats do everything to protect the President from being impeached....no matter what he/she does....they absolutely can not be charged criminally for it after he/she leaves office.

Just think about that for a second and tell me how that is a logical argument.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what he is arguing is, that if the Democrats control all parts of government including President, House and Senate...and those Democrats do everything to protect the President from being impeached....no matter what he/she does....they absolutely can not be charged criminally for it after he/she leaves office.

It's not a matter of whether this frivolous argument gets tossed, it's a matter of how far.  If the courts sided with this argument then democracy is a dead man walking.  It'd only be a matter of time before a situation that you are describing would be in place.  Of course the chances are so incredibly remote that a criminal, narcissistic, wannabe dictator would rise to power with a sycophantic cult supporting him despite all evidence of his mendacity and corruption.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Of course the chances are so incredibly remote that a criminal, narcissistic, wannabe dictator would rise to power with a sycophantic cult supporting him despite all evidence of his mendacity and corruption.

That would never happen in 'merica.

:wacko:

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

not just same party as the president...sycophants as we saw with a recent president

• TBH 1

53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, but Democrats control fewer judges in the Judiciary so if they do it they'd lose. They care a lot more about getting standing ovations at the next Federalist Society/Heritage Foundation dinner than they do having consistent jurisprudence. 

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This presidential immunity thing could make or break this country. If a president can’t be prosecuted for actions they took while president, they have nothing to fear while they attempt to stay in power. 

If the median American voter cared they'd re-elect Biden.

The median American voter does not care and seem likely to elect Trump.