The Republican Utopia

I am okay with it either way. If someone prefers to be addressed as Doctor, and they actually qualify, then so be it. I don't think it should be automatic for an academic, and no one should take heat for not using it.

From that article:

Consider “Dr.” Jill Biden, who doesn’t even hold a Ph.D. but rather a lesser Ed.D., something of a joke in the academic world. President-elect Joe Biden once explained that his wife sought the degree purely for status reasons: “She said, ‘I was so sick of the mail coming to Sen. and Mrs. Biden. I wanted to get mail addressed to Dr. and Sen. Biden.’ That’s the real reason she got her doctorate,” Joe Biden has said.

23 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am okay with it either way. If someone prefers to be addressed as Doctor, and they actually qualify, then so be it. I don't think it should be automatic for an academic, and no one should take heat for not using it.

From that article:

Consider “Dr.” Jill Biden, who doesn’t even hold a Ph.D. but rather a lesser Ed.D., something of a joke in the academic world. President-elect Joe Biden once explained that his wife sought the degree purely for status reasons: “She said, ‘I was so sick of the mail coming to Sen. and Mrs. Biden. I wanted to get mail addressed to Dr. and Sen. Biden.’ That’s the real reason she got her doctorate,” Joe Biden has said.

Can we maybe see that her husband is making a joke?

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

After four years of silence about Melania, suddenly the conservatives have discovered a deep interest in the life of the FLOTUS elect.  :rolleyes:

And during that same time, liberals sure had a deep interest in Melania and her words/actions/photos/whereabouts ;)

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

And during that same time, liberals sure had a deep interest in Melania and her words/actions/photos/whereabouts ;)

Sure, when she destroyed the Rose Garden (a matter of national interest), got her parents citizenship (a matter of national interest), things like that. 

So yeah. Totally the same thing. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sure, when she destroyed the Rose Garden (a matter of national interest), got her parents citizenship (a matter of national interest), things like that. 

So yeah. Totally the same thing. 

Or as some people put it, re-designed it to match the original design and liberals made it the new tan suit controversy. 

• Plus1 2