The Republican Utopia

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Example 8,237 why the Republican party is trash, and why people should be walking away from it as fast as they can.

They clearly want a dictatorship, as this would delay it forever if they actually managed to do it, but why do they want that? It’s possible they are stupid and don’t know that’s what it would bring, or think they would be powerful in the new government. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

My apologies. I thought "ballot harvesting" = "ballot stuffing". Mea culpa.

I've read more about it now (thanks for the link). I'm mildly opposed to ballot harvesting but don't think it's that big of a deal and am fine with making it illegal. But that doesn't somehow make drop boxes a problem.

Appreciate ya reading the article.  As far  as drop boxes go, (just my opinion) if they are not monitored well, it invites ballot harvesting because it’s easy to mass gather ballots.  Theoretically, the hard part is turning them in without getting noticed.  With drop boxes and no monitoring, problem is then solved.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Appreciate ya reading the article.  As far  as drop boxes go, (just my opinion) if they are not monitored well, it invites ballot harvesting because it’s easy to mass gather ballots.  Theoretically, the hard part is turning them in without getting noticed.  With drop boxes and no monitoring, problem is then solved.  

Ballot harvesting isn't really that big of a deal (IMO) as it's just someone collecting up a bunch of ballots to turn them in. But if we don't want that to happen, then make voting easier. Mail-in voting and dropboxes greatly reduce the valid reasons for wanting ballot harvesting (people need help getting their ballot to the polls). If monitoring the dropboxes makes people feel better, then that's fine by me. I think it's a bit of a waste as it's not election or ballot fraud, but creating confidence in the security of the election probably worth it. Also should have the state setup the dropboxes and not allow fake or similar ones.

Keep in mind, that someone doing ballot harvesting has to go around collecting ballots to turn in to the dropbox. That's not going to go unnoticed, so it's a stupid way to commit election fraud as the chances of getting caught are high.

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They clearly want a dictatorship, as this would delay it forever if they actually managed to do it, but why do they want that? It’s possible they are stupid and don’t know that’s what it would bring, or think they would be powerful in the new government. 

All the delay does is allow the Speaker of the House to become the Acting President. Trump is still out.

18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

All the delay does is allow the Speaker of the House to become the Acting President. Trump is still out.

Yes I know. I'm just saying if they could actually delay the election until an "investigation" is done, and they are probably stupid enough to think it could just pause everything and keep Trump as president, it would be a permanent delay and that would be the end of real elections.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Yes I know. I'm just saying if they could actually delay the election until an "investigation" is done, and they are probably stupid enough to think it could just pause everything and keep Trump as president, it would be a permanent delay and that would be the end of real elections.

Fortunately Trump doesn't leave the Presidency, the Presidency leaves Trump, so a delay is meaningless as far as staying in power.