The Republican Utopia

The Republican attacks on Jill Biden, and Obama's degrees before her, go hand in hand with the Republican Utopia, actually.

trump said the quiet part out loud - the drivers of Republican philosophy love the poorly educated, and thus hate the well educated.

We see it right here on HuskerBoard where people accuse half of P&R of thinking, "you think you're so smart," or, "you act like you know everything."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trump said the quiet part out loud - the drivers of Republican philosophy love the poorly educated, and thus hate the well educated.

What makes someone “educated”?  Is the person with a graduate degree, six figure debt they can’t afford, can’t fix anything at home, can’t cook and can’t seem to figure out basic life skill issues any more “educated” than the person with trade  job out of HS, knows how to self repair home issues, has a balanced monthly budget, knows how to navigate through life, or the small business owner who owned a salon, restaurant, hvac company, lawn company, but never went to college?  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What makes someone “educated”?  Is the person with a graduate degree, six figure debt they can’t afford, can’t fix anything at home, can’t cook and can’t seem to figure out basic life skill issues any more “educated” than the person with trade  job out of HS, knows how to self repair home issues, has a balanced monthly budget, knows how to navigate through life, or the small business owner who owned a salon, restaurant, hvac company, lawn company, but never went to college?  

Wait, Jill Biden doesn't know how to navigate through life?

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

You did. The whole "actual doctor" and education conversation came about when you posted that cartoon about Jill Biden.

I did not.  I responded to a specific portion of @knapplcpost where he wasn’t talking about Jill.   He was talking about Trumps words that took place wayyyy before the Jill Biden thing was a thing.  Good effort though

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I did not.  I responded to a specific portion of @knapplcpost where he wasn’t talking about Jill.   He was talking about Trumps words that took place wayyyy before the Jill Biden thing was a thing.  Good effort though

Well, @BigRedBuster's question a few posts up was a reference to the many posts you have written in the last couple days about Jill Biden and more specifically about your attacks on academia and your refusal to recognize people who hold doctorates as doctors. You wrote about it a lot and dug your heels in quite deeply. That started with your Jill Biden cartoon. Did you forget? Before that, no one on this board was talking about Jill Biden or the legitimacy of a doctoral education.

So when you responded to knapplc in this thread and wax poetic about what it does and doesn't mean to be educated, the Huskerboard community is able to connect the dots between different posts in different threads. You see, each poster on Huskerboard has a posting history, across a variety of threads and forums, that create a tapestry which reveals each person's personality, intellect, and viewpoints. 

• Plus1 3

36 minutes ago, Ulty said:

You did. The whole "actual doctor" and education conversation came about when you posted that cartoon about Jill Biden.

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You know we can see your posts and they have dates on them, right?

From the political cartoon thread:

On 12/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, Archy1221 said:

CD4F7397-85E8-4AEE-8FE8-1D17B1200FDF.jpeg

• Plus1 4
42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You know we can see your posts and they have dates on them, right?

From the political cartoon thread:

You know you are being clueless and trying to make 2+2=5.  Kanpp was referring to the CAMPAIGN trail when Trump said he loves the uneducated.  That happened well before any cartoon post by me so Knapp and I were clearly referencing the campaign trail comment.  Knapp made reference to Republicans hating the well educated.  I therefore asked him what educated means and refers to.  That had nothing to do with Jill then and still doesn’t now. 

stop clowning yourself with all the pretzel twists in order to try and make me look like I said something I didn’t say.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Well, @BigRedBuster's question a few posts up was a reference to the many posts you have written in the last couple days about Jill Biden and more specifically about your attacks on academia and your refusal to recognize people who hold doctorates as doctors. You wrote about it a lot and dug your heels in quite deeply. That started with your Jill Biden cartoon. Did you forget? Before that, no one on this board was talking about Jill Biden or the legitimacy of a doctoral education.

So when you responded to knapplc in this thread and wax poetic about what it does and doesn't mean to be educated, the Huskerboard community is able to connect the dots between different posts in different threads. You see, each poster on Huskerboard has a posting history, across a variety of threads and forums, that create a tapestry which reveals each person's personality, intellect, and viewpoints. 

It was posted directly after I responded to Knapp so while neither of us know what bigredbuster was referencing, my money is on what was immediately being talked about.  But your welcome to your own interpretation.  

When did I attack academia?  I made fun of academics who are pretentious with a title.  Not an attack on academia in my book, but again you are welcome to any opinion you want. 

So when I ask Knapp what he means by being educated you mean or is that wax poetic?  Please educate me. 

Good that we create spiderwebs of psychiatry here for everyone. Please continue to let me know what I mean on each post based on your interpretation of the last couple months.  Good stuff 

• Plus1 1