The Republican Utopia

39 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Can everyone agree, this is really f#&%ing weird? I'm not sure which is weirder, the fact someone made the picture, or the fact that a state's GOP party thought it was cool, or proves any sort of point. Stop it, get help.

cults are gonna cult

50 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Can everyone agree, this is really f#&%ing weird? I'm not sure which is weirder, the fact someone made the picture, or the fact that a state's GOP party thought it was cool, or proves any sort of point. Stop it, get help.

The cultish, false hero worship is beyond belief.  Patriotism becomes a religion  in the GOP,  therefore a cult leader must be crowned.   The colonial soldier suit, the eagle, the flag, the gun in the hand -  are the religious icons of this cult.  It is impossible for the cultists to see other Americans, out side of the cult as patriots.( those who believe in the significance of those symbols but don't wrap themselves in them and the implied meaning given to them by the cultists)   It is doubtful that Trump had a good understanding of colonial America based on his words and actions as president.  It is also doubtful that many modern GOP "leaders" had a good understanding of colonial America and the constitution either based on pictures like the one above.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2

Was thinking today how nice it will be in a year when we don't need to wear masks and then got to thinking... it would also be nice if Republicans would apply Occam's Razor to their thought processes more often.

Does it make more sense that a bunch of climate scientists, who make a pretty good income ($100,000+ if a full professor, more if working in industry, but a lot less if they're just research assistants), are making s#!t up for potentially a little extra money... or does it make more sense that huge power and oil companies that stand to lose billions and trillions of $ are doing everything they can to trick people into thinking the scientists are the liars?

Now repeat the thought process when it comes to Covid-19. The evil scientists all want us to wear masks and social distance... what are they gaining from this and what are we losing if we wear them? What do scientists gain from people worshipping on the internet for a few months or in fewer numbers, or at the very least while wearing masks if in a crowd?

• Plus1 4
45 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Was thinking today how nice it will be in a year when we don't need to wear masks and then got to thinking... it would also be nice if Republicans would apply Occam's Razor to their thought processes more often.

Does it make more sense that a bunch of climate scientists, who make a pretty good income ($100,000+ if a full professor, more if working in industry, but a lot less if they're just research assistance), are making s#!t up for potentially a little extra money... or does it make more sense that huge power and oil companies that stand to lose billions and trillions of $ are doing everything they can to trick people into thinking the scientists are the liars?

Now repeat the thought process when it comes to Covid-19. The evil scientists all want us to wear masks and social distance... what are they gaining from this and what are we losing if we wear them? What do scientists gaining from people worshipping on the internet for a few months or in fewer numbers, or at the very least while wearing masks if in a crowd?

I don’t know why there is so much hatred and disbelief when it comes to scientists.  Is it really just because the un-educated person isn’t smart enough to understand what the scientists are doing, so they don’t believe it?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t know why there is so much hatred and disbelief when it comes to scientists.  Is it really just because the un-educated person isn’t smart enough to understand what the scientists are doing, so they don’t believe it?

I question the impact of what the climate researchers keep telling us about the changing climate.   We have been hearing for decades about the life altering effects of man made climate change and I have yet to see any of the predictions come true.   

while there is big money in climate politics, the bigger equation is the control these people get to render.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think some people aren't smart enough to know when they don't know something. And a lot of the smart people I know don't think they're smart.

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think some people aren't smart enough to know when they don't know something. And a lot of the smart people I know don't think they're smart.

I like to think of myself as an educated person who believes in math and science. Those subjects are built around fact and objectivity.  However, those who attack science seem to say it’s subjective and not fact-based. It’s like they have no idea what science is based on. That’s what boggles my mind. 

52 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like to think of myself as an educated person who believes in math and science. Those subjects are built around fact and objectivity.  However, those who attack science seem to say it’s subjective and not fact-based. It’s like they have no idea what science is based on. That’s what boggles my mind. 

The weirdest part is when they went to the same school from K-12... and then also went to college. And graduated.

WTF does the GOP want on the internet? They want to take away liability protections for what users post on companies' website, yet they don't want these same companies to moderate their users. Me thinks they want to pick and choose who they go after, for whatever reason they want, even of those reasons are completely opposing.

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

WTF does the GOP want on the internet? They want to take away liability protections for what users post on companies' website, yet they don't want these same companies to moderate their users. Me thinks they want to pick and choose who they go after, for whatever reason they want, even of those reasons are completely opposing.

Them going after 230 is incredibly stupid. If they get their way they will decimate social media and online forums like HB.

• Plus1 2