The Republican Utopia

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like to think of myself as an educated person who believes in math and science. Those subjects are built around fact and objectivity.  However, those who attack science seem to say it’s subjective and not fact-based. It’s like they have no idea what science is based on. That’s what boggles my mind. 

I think a lot of those people are generally aware of how math and science works but they allow their beliefs to overrule logic.

What's interesting to me is their general acceptance of some scientific research/findings but not others. Many will scoff at COVID findings and question the attacks "oN mUh FrEeDuMs" but will otherwise agree that cigarette smoking is dangerous and unhealthy, seatbelts save lives, obesity can put you at higher risk for things like heart disease, etc.

Obviously, it's important to evaluate research and determine its merits before just blindly believing it, but you would assume people would be more open-minded. That's Trump and his regime, though. They brazenly polarized millions of Americans into behaving like absolute imbeciles.

• Plus1 3

15 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like to think of myself as an educated person who believes in math and science. Those subjects are built around fact and objectivity.  However, those who attack science seem to say it’s subjective and not fact-based. It’s like they have no idea what science is based on. That’s what boggles my mind. 

The great thing about math and numbers is that they have no narrative.  It’s just strictly numbers.   

The problem comes in when people use certain numbers and statistics to make a narrative yet don’t tell the entire story using all the numbers and statistics.  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good God!!!!

Basically a participation trophy now.  Participation in trump's corruption.  I feel bad to future (legitimate) recipients of this award.  It was tainted when rush got it and now it's nothing but a complete joke with these two a$$holes.  But that's the trump republican party for you.  Sad.  

(I intentionally didn't capitalize the proper nouns here--I disdain these pieces of sh!t so much, they don't deserve the extra effort--that'll show 'em)

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

(I intentionally didn't capitalize the proper nouns here--I disdain these pieces of sh!t so much, they don't deserve the extra effort--that'll show 'em)

You sure showed them:D   

BTW I don’t think politicians should be getting this type of award.   

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You sure showed them:D   

BTW I don’t think politicians should be getting this type of award.   

Especially for no other reason than protecting the person giving it to them.

This is an award for going above and beyond for the country....NOT an award for being so loyal to a President.  Same can be said about giving it to Rush.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Unfortunately for you, facts are a stubborn thing.  Try doing a little research on the Nunes memo

Long before anything was finalized, Nunes was Trump's lap dog rushing over to the WH to report on anything behind the scenes of the investigation.  That is dereliction of duties to his oath of office and he should have been thrown out of congress for it.  BUT....he was tasked with reporting to his boss on what is going on.

It's absolutely pathetic that he's seen as a hero in all of this.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Long before anything was finalized, Nunes was Trump's lap dog rushing over to the WH to report on anything behind the scenes of the investigation.  That is dereliction of duties to his oath of office and he should have been thrown out of congress for it.  BUT....he was tasked with reporting to his boss on what is going on.

It's absolutely pathetic that he's seen as a hero in all of this.

you never disagreed with Nunes memo in your rant.   Just hated that he did it and was proven correct. 

• Plus1 1