The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Until the Covid pandemic, a lot of those were still true.

Unfortunately, as Rick Wilson, aka Lincoln Party,  sees a split coming  - a 3rd party splitting the GOP - roughly 2/3 Trumpism and 1/3 Traditional GOP - which would include that 1950s ad posted above. The Trump wing and the Romney Wing.   Split they won't be able to capture the WH again for a long time  outside of some horrific Dem candidates.  

Some good insight in this short interview.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/rick-wilson-on-republicans-after-trump-im-worried-about-more-competent-version/ar-BB1cbfEW?ocid=ientp

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Unfortunately, as Rick Wilson, aka Lincoln Party,  sees a split coming  - a 3rd party splitting the GOP - roughly 2/3 Trumpism and 1/3 Traditional GOP - which would include that 1950s ad posted above. The Trump wing and the Romney Wing.   Split they won't be able to capture the WH again for a long time  outside of some horrific Dem candidates.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/rick-wilson-on-republicans-after-trump-im-worried-about-more-competent-version/ar-BB1cbfEW?ocid=ientp

Rick Wilson :laughpound:laughpound  The confederate flag loving Rick Wilson??  The same Rick Wilson who can’t get work helping a candidate win anymore?  The same Rick Wilson that got involved in 4 Senate races and helped Dems lose them all??Oh..that guy.   I’ll pass on anything that loser writes or says.  Dems can have and keep him 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Rick Wilson :laughpound:laughpound  The confederate flag loving Rick Wilson??  The same Rick Wilson who can’t get work helping a candidate win anymore?  The same Rick Wilson that got involved in 4 Senate races and helped Dems lose them all??Oh..that guy.   I’ll pass on anything that loser writes or says.  Dems can have and keep him 

wait....you hate the confederate flag?

13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

thanks!

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He did a good job with the Lincoln Project - spot on reading of Trump and he knew how to get under his skin. 

Just now, TGHusker said:

He did a good job with the Lincoln Project - spot on reading of Trump and he knew how to get under his skin. 

You must not have read the recently published study showing that those clowns actually had negative outcomes for what they were trying to achieve with their social media ads in swing states.   A total grift.  The Democrats would have been better if LP had just done nothing.  

14 minutes ago, commando said:

wait....you hate the confederate flag?

Wait....you love the confederate flag?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You must not have read the recently published study showing that those clowns actually had negative outcomes for what they were trying to achieve with their social media ads in swing states.   A total grift.  The Democrats would have been better if LP had just done nothing.  

Wait....you love the confederate flag?

as someone who is interested in history...i don't HATE the flag.   But I hate what it represents.  seeing someone who is a far right supporter and defender hate someone for being in a picture with the flag is shocking to me though.  aren't you out protesting to save our history like a good trumper is suppose to be doing?   

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I'm not sure that study included how much the Never Trumpers got into his head and kept him off message.  He spent the entire campaign whining and drumming up conspiracy theories but never talking about how he was going to help millions get through the current crisis.  They knew exactly what they were doing and it worked.

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'm not sure that study included how much the Never Trumpers got into his head and kept him off message.  He spent the entire campaign whining and drumming up conspiracy theories but never talking about how he was going to help millions get through the current crisis.  They knew exactly what they were doing and it worked.

I haven't seen any evidence that the Lincoln Project worked. It was a feel-good campaign for people that disliked Trump, but I can't say it changed any minds.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hey, all the Republicans have to do is stop supporting pieces of s#!t like Trump and his ilk and we can have a conservative party again that can attempt to gain some power back.

Until then, Trump is forcing a split on the conservative side.

52 minutes ago, commando said:

as someone who is interested in history...i don't HATE the flag.   But I hate what it represents.  seeing someone who is a far right supporter and defender hate someone for being in a picture with the flag is shocking to me though.  aren't you out protesting to save our history like a good trumper is suppose to be doing?   

No

• Plus1 1